'File 36/44 Applications for Assistance to Export Cigarettes & Tobacco from India, U.S.A. & U.K.' [8r] (15/512)
The record is made up of 1 file (256 folios). It was created in 24 Aug 1943-26 Mar 1945. It was written in English. The original is part of the British Library: India Office The department of the British Government to which the Government of India reported between 1858 and 1947. The successor to the Court of Directors. Records and Private Papers.
This transcription is created automatically. It may contain errors.
( gOTKNMENT OF INDIA.
b Siternal Affairs Department.
-■^Qaled New Delhi ^the^'August 43.
Ihe undermentioned paoers are
(1) The Hobble the Political
Resident in the Persian Gulf Historically used by the British to refer to the sea area between the Arabian Peninsula and Iran. Often referred to as The Gulf or the Arabian Gulf.
(2) Ihe Political Agent A mid-ranking political representative (equivalent to a Consul) from the diplomatic corps of the Government of India or one of its subordinate provincial governments, in charge of a Political Agency. Bahrein
At) Telegram from IUDRIH? r IS,
Washington, No'8492 dated the
Pi i#} Lncm a G Q/l 4
By order .etc.,
About this item
This file contains requests for assistance and applications for shipping space that were sent to the Political Agency An office of the British Government and, earlier, of the East India Company. in Bahrain from a number of merchants active in Bahrain.
The applications relate to requests to import cigarettes into Bahrain from suppliers based in the United Kingdom, the United States and India. The file also contains correspondence between the Political Agency An office of the British Government and, earlier, of the East India Company. , the Political Residency A diplomatic office of the British Government established in the provinces and regions considered part of, or under the influence of, British India. and the External Affairs Department of the Government of India.
Also enclosed in the file are copies of minutes from two meetings of Bahrain's Commercial Advisory Committee in December 1943 (folios 41-42 and 45).
- Extent and format
- 1 file (256 folios)
The papers are arranged in approximate chronological order from the front to the rear of the file.
- Physical characteristics
Foliation: the main foliation sequence (used for referencing) commences at the front cover with 1, and terminates at the inside back cover with 256; these numbers are written in pencil, are circled, and are located in the top right corner of the recto The front of a sheet of paper or leaf, often abbreviated to 'r'. side of each folio. An additional mixed foliation/pagination sequence is present in parallel between ff 2-223; these numbers are also written in pencil, but are not circled.
- Written in
- English in Latin script View the complete information for this record
Use and share this item
- Share this item
'File 36/44 Applications for Assistance to Export Cigarettes & Tobacco from India, U.S.A. & U.K.' [8r] (15/512), British Library: India Office Records and Private Papers, IOR/R/15/2/1787, in Qatar Digital Library <https://www.qdl.qa/archive/81055/vdc_100030269603.0x000010> [accessed 28 March 2020]
Copy and paste the code below into your web page where you would like to embed the image.
<meta charset="utf-8"><a href="https://www.qdl.qa/en/archive/81055/vdc_100030269603.0x000010">'File 36/44 Applications for Assistance to Export Cigarettes & Tobacco from India, U.S.A. & U.K.' [‎8r] (15/512)</a> <a href="https://www.qdl.qa/en/archive/81055/vdc_100030269603.0x000010"> <img src="https://images.qdl.qa/iiif/images/81055/vdc_100000000282.0x00020a/IOR_R_15_2_1787_0015.jp2/full/!280,240/0/default.jpg" alt="" /> </a>
Copyright: How to use this content
- 'File 36/44 Applications for Assistance to Export Cigarettes & Tobacco from India, U.S.A. & U.K.'
- front, front-i, 3r:9v, 14r:15v, 17r:21v, 24r:27v, 30r:31v, 33r:42v, 45r:46v, 47v:48v, 50r:50v, 53r:55v, 58r:61v, 63r:70v, 72r:73v, 76r:80v, 85r:89v, 91r:97v, 99r:100v, 105r:106v, 108r:111v, 116r:119v, 122r:123v, 125r:141v, 145r:148v, 151r:155v, 157r:158v, 161r:161v, 163r:163v, 165r:170v, 176r:180v, 183r:185v, 191r:192v, 197r, 198r:210v, 212r:212v, 216r:217v, 219r:222v, 223v:255v, back-i, back
- East India Company, the Board of Control, the India Office, or other British Government Department
- Usage terms
- Open Government Licence