'Iraqi Post and Telegraph Guide 1930'
483 items in this record
Search within this record
The record is made up of 1 file (229 folios). It was created in c 1930-c 1939. It was written in English. The original is part of the British Library: India Office The department of the British Government to which the Government of India reported between 1858 and 1947. The successor to the Court of Directors. Records and Private Papers.
About this record
Printed volume containing details and rules of posting in Iraq.
Key chapters in the volume cover:
- Inland post
- Foreign post
- Foreign parcel post
- Money orders
- Official post articles
- Railway post letters
There are some loose folios in an envelope, placed at the back of the volume. These contain amendments suggested to the parcel postage section; their author and date are unknown.
- Extent and format
- 1 file (229 folios)
The volume’s contents are arranged into eight sections. Contents pages (ff 6-9) lists the chapters, and refer to page numbers.
- Physical characteristics
Foliation: the foliation sequence (used for referencing) commences at the front cover with 1, and terminates at the inside back cover with 231; these numbers are written in pencil, are circled, and are located in the top right corner of the recto The front of a sheet of paper or leaf, often abbreviated to 'r'. side of each folio. Pagination: the file also contains an original printed pagination sequence.
- Written in
- English in Latin script
- Archival file
Archive information for this record
- Original held at
- British Library: India Office The department of the British Government to which the Government of India reported between 1858 and 1947. The successor to the Court of Directors. Records and Private Papers
- Access conditions
- Archive reference
- c 1930-c 1939 (CE, Gregorian)
- Related primary sources
enclosure to PZ3073/39 in Coll 35/12
Access & Reference
History of this record
Related search terms
Use and share this record
- Share this record
'Iraqi Post and Telegraph Guide 1930', British Library: India Office Records and Private Papers, IOR/L/PS/12/4114B, in Qatar Digital Library <https://www.qdl.qa/archive/81055/vdc_100000000648.0x0002b3> [accessed 28 January 2020]
Copyright: How to use this content
- 'Iraqi Post and Telegraph Guide 1930'
- front, front-i, 2r:20r, 20ar, 20v:24r, 24ar, 24v, 25ar, 25r:74v, 75ar:75bv, 75r:80v, 81ar, 81r, 81av, 81v, 82ar, 82r, 82av, 82v:140r, 140ar, 140v, 141ar, 141r, 141av, 141v, 142ar, 142r:156r, 156ar, 156v, 157ar, 157r:159v, 160ar, 160r, 160av, 160v:199v, 200ar, 200r, 200av, 200v:231v
- East India Company, the Board of Control, the India Office, or other British Government Department
- Usage terms
- Open Government Licence