'Note on Persian Railways'
8 items in this record
Search within this record
The record is made up of 1 file (4 folios). It was created in 3 Jul 1911. It was written in English. The original is part of the British Library: India Office The department of the British Government to which the Government of India reported between 1858 and 1947. The successor to the Court of Directors. Records and Private Papers.
About this record
The memorandum provides a brief history of proposals for the development of railways in Persia divided into three periods:
- 1872-1890: a period of Anglo-Russian rivalry;
- 1890-1907: the period following the Russian Railway Agreement (1890), which prohibited the construction of railways in Persia;
- 1907-1911: the period following the Anglo-Russian Convention (1907), which instituted a period of cooperation concerning proposals to build railways in Persia, including proposals for a Trans-Persian line.
The author is John Edward Ferard, Political Department, India Office The department of the British Government to which the Government of India reported between 1858 and 1947. The successor to the Court of Directors. .
- Extent and format
- 1 file (4 folios)
- Physical characteristics
Foliation: the foliation sequence for this description commences at f 2, and terminates at f 5, as it is part of a larger physical volume; these numbers are written in pencil, are circled, and are located in the bottom right corner of the recto The front of a sheet of paper or leaf, often abbreviated to 'r'. side of each folio. Pagination: the item also contains an original printed pagination sequence.
- Written in
- English in Latin script
- Archival file
Archive information for this record
- Original held at
- British Library: India Office The department of the British Government to which the Government of India reported between 1858 and 1947. The successor to the Court of Directors. Records and Private Papers
- Access conditions
- Archive reference
- 3 Jul 1911 (CE, Gregorian)
Access & Reference
History of this record
Related search terms
Use and share this record
- Share this record
'Note on Persian Railways', British Library: India Office Records and Private Papers, IOR/L/PS/18/C124, in Qatar Digital Library <https://www.qdl.qa/archive/81055/vdc_100000000833.0x000112> [accessed 19 July 2019]
Copyright: How to use this content
- 'Note on Persian Railways'
- East India Company, the Board of Control, the India Office, or other British Government Department
- Usage terms
- Open Government Licence