Press cuttings from The Times [40v] (6/8)
The record is made up of 4 folios. It was created in 24 May 1879-29 May 1879. It was written in English. The original is part of the British Library: India Office The department of the British Government to which the Government of India reported between 1858 and 1947. The successor to the Court of Directors. Records and Private Papers.
About this item
Press cuttings from The Times relating to the Duke of Argyll's attack in the House of Lords on Sir Lewis Pelly:
- 24 May 1879 printed letter from the Duke of Argyll regarding Lord Elcho's intention to speak on the matter in the House of Commons and amending his accusations against Pelly to be accusations against his superiors.
- 27 May 1879 printed response from Lord Elcho citing numerous references to the exemplary nature of Pelly's work there given in the House December 1878
- Undated [28 May 1879?] printed letter from Lord Colin Campell regarding the Duke of Argyll and Lord Elcho's correspondence
- 29 May 1879 summary of the disagreement as printed in The Times 24-29 May.
- Extent and format
- 4 folios
- Written in
- English in Latin script View the complete information for this record
Use and share this item
- Share this item
Press cuttings from The Times [40v] (6/8), British Library: India Office Records and Private Papers, Mss Eur F126/10, ff 38-41, in Qatar Digital Library <https://www.qdl.qa/archive/81055/vdc_100023288526.0x000051> [accessed 26 January 2020]
Copy and paste the code below into your web page where you would like to embed the image.
<meta charset="utf-8"><a href="https://www.qdl.qa/en/archive/81055/vdc_100023288526.0x000051">Press cuttings from <em>The Times</em> [‎40v] (6/8)</a> <a href="https://www.qdl.qa/en/archive/81055/vdc_100023288526.0x000051"> <img src="https://images.qdl.qa/iiif/images/81055/vdc_100000001524.0x000395/Mss Eur F126_10_0080.jp2/full/!280,240/0/default.jpg" alt="" /> </a>
Copyright: How to use this content
- Mss Eur F126/10, ff 38-41
- Press cuttings from The Times
- 38v, 39v, 40v:41r
- East India Company, the Board of Control, the India Office, or other British Government Department
- Usage terms
- Open Government Licence