Letter no.3737 of 1856 from Henry Anderson, Secretary to the Government of Bombay, to Commander Felix Jones, Acting Resident in the Persian Gulf [178v] (10/12)
The record is made up of 6 folios. It was created in 31 Jul 1856. It was written in English. The original is part of the British Library: India Office The department of the British Government to which the Government of India reported between 1858 and 1947. The successor to the Court of Directors. Records and Private Papers.
This transcription is created automatically. It may contain errors.
TABLE OF FEES REFERRED TO BY THE FOREGOING ORDER.
pees to be taken est eespect oe matters ik which the consul's interposition is
required by law.
Matter in respect of which the Fee is to be taken.
For every Declaration made before the Consul in Forms B., C.,
F., G., H., and L., in the Schedule to the Merchant Shipping
Act, 1854, with a view to the registry, transfers, and trans
mission of Ships, interests in Ships, or mortgages on Ships . .
For indorsing a memorandum of change of Master upon the
Certificate of Registry . . . >
For granting a Provisional Certificate of Registry. (This fee to
be exclusive of fees on Declarations.) . . . . ^
For recording a mortgage of a Ship or shares in a Ship made
under a Certificate of Mortgage . . _ .. _ . •
For recording the transfer of a mortgage of a Ship or shares in a
Ship made under a Certificate of Mortgage
For recording the discharge of a mortgage of a Ship or shares in
a Ship made under a Certificate of Mortgage
For every sale of a Ship or shares in a Ship made before the
Consul under a certificate of Sale .. ^_ ..
For inspection of the Register Book of Transactions in Ships
For every, seaman engaged before the Consul
For every alteration in agreements with seamen made before
the Consul .. . * .. .. _
For every seaman discharged or left behind with the Consul's
sanction . . .. ..
or every desertion certified by the Consul
For attesting a seaman's will
For examination of provisions or water, to be paid by the party
who proves to be in default .. .. . . ..
For every Salvage Bond made in pursuance of 17 & 18 Vict,
c. 104,'sec. 488, to be paid by the master or owner of the pro
perty salved ..
On disbursements in respect of distressed seamen, a commission
of 2^ per cent.
About this item
The letter and its enclosures relate to the extent of the Resident in the Persian Gulf’s consular powers, and follows Anderson’s earlier letter on the subject (folio 173). The letter is a covering letter, with a number of enclosures, as follows:
1. An extract of paragraph 28 from despatch no.25 of 1856 (folio 175) from the Court of Directors, dated 21 May 1856, affirming that consular jurisdiction for the Bushire Resident is not permitted, as indicated in the second article of the commercial treaty signed with Persia;
2. A printed copy (folios 176-77) of Act of Parliament no.42 (CAP XLII), An Act to enable British Diplomatic and Consular Agents Abroad to administer Oaths and do Notarial Acts, dated 2 July 1855;
3. A printed copy (folios 178-79) of enclosure no.1B in the Consular General Instructions, dated 1 May 1855, which includes details of consular roles and the fees chargeable for each.
- Extent and format
- 6 folios
- Written in
- English in Latin script View the complete information for this record
Use and share this item
- Share this item
Letter no.3737 of 1856 from Henry Anderson, Secretary to the Government of Bombay, to Commander Felix Jones, Acting Resident in the Persian Gulf [178v] (10/12), British Library: India Office Records and Private Papers, IOR/R/15/1/149, ff 174-179, in Qatar Digital Library <https://www.qdl.qa/archive/81055/vdc_100023318563.0x0000a8> [accessed 29 February 2020]
Copy and paste the code below into your web page where you would like to embed the image.
<meta charset="utf-8"><a href="https://www.qdl.qa/en/archive/81055/vdc_100023318563.0x0000a8">Letter no.3737 of 1856 from Henry Anderson, Secretary to the Government of Bombay, to Commander Felix Jones, Acting Resident in the Persian Gulf [‎178v] (10/12)</a> <a href="https://www.qdl.qa/en/archive/81055/vdc_100023318563.0x0000a8"> <img src="https://images.qdl.qa/iiif/images/81055/vdc_100000000193.0x00007a/IOR_R_15_1_149_0367.jp2/full/!280,240/0/default.jpg" alt="" /> </a>
Copyright: How to use this content
- IOR/R/15/1/149, ff 174-179
- Letter no.3737 of 1856 from Henry Anderson, Secretary to the Government of Bombay, to Commander Felix Jones, Acting Resident in the Persian Gulf
- East India Company, the Board of Control, the India Office, or other British Government Department
- Usage terms
- Open Government Licence