'Military Report on the Arabian Shores of the Persian Gulf, Kuwait, Bahrein, Hasa, Qatar, Trucial Oman and Oman'  (30/226)
The record is made up of 1 volume (112 folios). It was created in 1933. It was written in English. The original is part of the British Library: India Office The department of the British Government to which the Government of India reported between 1858 and 1947. The successor to the Court of Directors. Records and Private Papers.
About this item
The volume is Military Report on the Arabian Shores of the Persian Gulf Historically used by the British to refer to the sea area between the Arabian Peninsula and Iran. Often referred to as The Gulf or the Arabian Gulf. , Kuwait, Bahrein, Hasa, Qatar, Trucial Oman and Oman (Calcutta: Government of India Press, 1933). The volume was produced by the General Staff, India. The place name Bahrain is rendered in the title and elsewhere in the volume in the spelling 'Bahrein'.
The volume contains information in separate sections for each of the places listed in the title under the following chapter headings:
- I Historical (ff 8-14);
- II Geography, Climate, Health (ff 15-54);
- III Population (ff 54-67);
- IV Water Supply; Resources (ff 68-70);
- V Armed Forces (ff 70-75);
- VI Aviation (ff 75-78);
- VII Political (ff 79-81);
- VIII Inter-Communication [wireless and telegraph] (ff 81-82);
- IX Communications [land routes] (ff 83-98).
There are three appendices, which follow the same format:
- I Currency, Weights and Measures (f 99-102);
- II Landing Facilities - Maritime (ff 103-106);
- III List of Maps (f 106).
The volume includes five maps of the region (ff 109-113).
- Extent and format
- 1 volume (112 folios)
There is a list of contents on ff 6-7, which contains an inaccuracy in the title and number of the last chapter.
- Physical characteristics
Foliation: the foliation sequence commences at 1 on the front cover and terminates at 113 on the last of the five maps inserted in a pocket attached to the back cover. The numbers are written in pencil, are circled, and appear in the top right hand corner of the recto The front of a sheet of paper or leaf, often abbreviated to 'r'. page of each folio. All five maps (ff 109, 110, 111, 112, 113) need to folded out to be examined. This is the system used to determine the sequence of pages in the volume.
Pagination: an original printed pagination sequence, numbered 2-198 appears between ff 8-106.
- Written in
- English in Latin script View the complete information for this record
Use and share this item
- Share this item
'Military Report on the Arabian Shores of the Persian Gulf, Kuwait, Bahrein, Hasa, Qatar, Trucial Oman and Oman'  (30/226), British Library: India Office Records and Private Papers, IOR/L/MIL/17/15/141, in Qatar Digital Library <https://www.qdl.qa/archive/81055/vdc_100023509623.0x000020> [accessed 15 November 2019]
Copy and paste the code below into your web page where you would like to embed the image.
<meta charset="utf-8"><a href="https://www.qdl.qa/en/archive/81055/vdc_100023509623.0x000020">'Military Report on the Arabian Shores of the Persian Gulf, Kuwait, Bahrein, Hasa, Qatar, Trucial Oman and Oman' [‎16] (30/226)</a> <a href="https://www.qdl.qa/en/archive/81055/vdc_100023509623.0x000020"> <img src="https://images.qdl.qa/iiif/images/81055/vdc_100000000239.0x0001d1/IOR_L_MIL_17_15_141_0031.jp2/full/!280,240/0/default.jpg" alt="" /> </a>
Copyright: How to use this content
- 'Military Report on the Arabian Shores of the Persian Gulf, Kuwait, Bahrein, Hasa, Qatar, Trucial Oman and Oman'
- front, front-i, i-r:iii-r, ii-v, iv-r:iv-v, 1:4, 1:208, v-r:v-v, back-i, back
- East India Company, the Board of Control, the India Office, or other British Government Department
- Usage terms
- Open Government Licence