'File 10/1 XI Bahrain Oil Concession' [23v] (61/494)
The record is made up of 1 volume (245 folios). It was created in 24 Dec 1934-8 May 1935. It was written in English and Arabic. The original is part of the British Library: India Office The department of the British Government to which the Government of India reported between 1858 and 1947. The successor to the Court of Directors. Records and Private Papers.
About this item
The volume contains minutes of meetings at Office of the Secretary of State for India in London, and correspondence and telegrams between the Political Agent A mid-ranking political representative (equivalent to a Consul) from the diplomatic corps of the Government of India or one of its subordinate provincial governments, in charge of a Political Agency. in Bahrain, the Political Resident A senior ranking political representative (equivalent to a Consul General) from the diplomatic corps of the Government of India or one of its subordinate provincial governments, in charge of a Political Residency. in Bushire, the Financial Adviser to the Government in Bahrain, Charles Darlymple Belgrave, and representatives of the Bahrain Petroleum Company Limited (BAPCO) on the Mining Lease and on personnel, infrastructures and facilities of the BAPCO's terminal on Sitra Island.
The volume incluses:
- mining cease contract signed by the Sheikh of Bahrain, Hamad Bin Issa Al-Khalifah on 29 December 1934 (f. 30);
- technical drawing of 'Diagram of SITRA TERMINAL TANK LINK-UP' (ff. 58-66A);
- 'Abstracts of accounts of oil measured during 1934';
- 'Statement on Royalty due to the Sheikh of Bahrain for the year 1934' (ff. 169-171).
There are letters in Arabic, to and from the Sheikh of Bahrain.
There is an index at the end of the volume (folios 218-234).
- Extent and format
- 1 volume (245 folios)
The documents in the volume are arranged in chronological order. There is an index at the end of the volume (folios 218-234). The index is arranged chronologically and refers to documents within the volume; it gives brief description of the correspondence with a reference number, which refers back to that correspondence in the volume.
- Physical characteristics
The foliation starts on the first page with writing (5th folio) and ends on the last. Numbering is encircled, in pencil in top right corner of recto The front of a sheet of paper or leaf, often abbreviated to 'r'. .
- Written in
- English and Arabic in Latin and Arabic script View the complete information for this record
Use and share this item
- Share this item
'File 10/1 XI Bahrain Oil Concession' [23v] (61/494), British Library: India Office Records and Private Papers, IOR/R/15/2/398, in Qatar Digital Library <https://www.qdl.qa/archive/81055/vdc_100023515555.0x00003e> [accessed 22 February 2020]
Copy and paste the code below into your web page where you would like to embed the image.
<meta charset="utf-8"><a href="https://www.qdl.qa/en/archive/81055/vdc_100023515555.0x00003e">'File 10/1 XI Bahrain Oil Concession' [‎23v] (61/494)</a> <a href="https://www.qdl.qa/en/archive/81055/vdc_100023515555.0x00003e"> <img src="https://images.qdl.qa/iiif/images/81055/vdc_100000000241.0x0001fd/IOR_R_15_2_398_0063.jp2/full/!280,240/0/default.jpg" alt="" /> </a>
Copyright: How to use this content
- 'File 10/1 XI Bahrain Oil Concession'
- front, back, spine, edge, head, tail, front-i, i-r:iv-v, 1v:14v, 16v:17v, 18v:21v, 23v, 26v, 27v:37v, 38v:44v, 45v:56v, 57v, 58v:66v, 66av, 67v:69v, 72v:78v, 79v:80v, 82v:93v, 94v:105v, 106v:109v, 110v:111v, 112v:113v, 116v:125v, 127v:143v, 147v, 148v:168v, 171v:173v, 174v:181v, 182v:187v, 188v:189v, 190v:193v, 194v:198v, 199v:200v, 201v:206v, 208v:209v, 211v:214v, 216r:234v, v-r:viii-v, back-i
- East India Company, the Board of Control, the India Office, or other British Government Department
- Usage terms
- Open Government Licence