'A Collection of Treaties and Engagements relating to the Persian Gulf Shaikhdoms and the Sultanate of Muscat and Oman in force up to the End of 1953' [4r] (7/92)
The record is made up of 1 volume (44 folios). It was created in c 1954. It was written in English. The original is part of the British Library: India Office The department of the British Government to which the Government of India reported between 1858 and 1947. The successor to the Court of Directors. Records and Private Papers.
This transcription is created automatically. It may contain errors.
Pagis 4. Telegraph Agreement relating to the State of Muscat and territories held in
11lease by the Sultan from the Shah of Persia, dated November 17, 1864
32 (XI at p. 305) 52-53
5. Telegraph Convention relating to the Sultan's territories in Arabia and
Mekran, dated January 19, 1865 (XII at p. 306) 53
6. Treaty for the Abolition of the slave trade, dated April 14, 1873 (XIII at p. 308) 54
7. Agreement regarding Cession of Territory, dated March 20, 1891 (XVII at
p. 317) 54-55
8. Undertaking by the Sultan of Muscat regarding the Sur Coalfields, dated
May 31, 1902 (XVIII at p. 318) 55
9. Undertaking by Sultan Taimur to adhere to the Arms Traffic Convention of
1919, dated February 17, 1921 (XIX at p. 319) 55
10. Undertaking by Sultan Taimur regarding oil, dated January 10, 1923 (XX
33-3| at p. 319) 56
34 11. Treaty of Friendship, Commerce and Navigation, dated December 20, 1951,
with letters relating to double taxation and the definition of the term
" Consuls" 56-62
1. Treaty of Amity and Commerce between the United States of America and
the Sultan of Muscat, dated September 21, 1833 (Appendix No. 1 at
p. XXVII) 63-64
^ 2. Treaty of Commerce between the Sultan of Muscat and the King of the French,
dated November 17, 184$!(Appendix No. 11 at p. XXIX) 64-68
3^ 3. Commercial Declaration between Muscat and Holland, dated August 27, 1877
(Appendix No. IV at p. XXXIX) 68
4. Section VI of Part II of the International Sanitary Convention, dated
January 17, 1912 68-69
394) 5. The Anglo-Turkish Convention (unratified) respecting the Persian Gulf Historically used by the British to refer to the sea area between the Arabian Peninsula and Iran. Often referred to as The Gulf or the Arabian Gulf. and
Adjacent Territories, dated July 29, 1913 69-74
40 6. Article III of the Anglo-Turkish Convention respecting the Boundaries of
Aden, dated March 9, 1914 (I at p. 42) 74
4! 7. Section V of Part II of the International Sanitary Convention, dated June 21,
11-43 8. Extradition Treaty between His Majesty in respect of the United Kingdom,
^ and His Majesty the King of Iraq, dated May 2, 1932. 75-80
9. Proclamation by the Ruler of Bahrain declaring jurisdiction over the sea-bed
and subsoil, dated June 5, 1949 80-81
43 10. Treaty of Friendship, Commerce and Navigation between the President of
India and the Sultan of Muscat, dated March 15, 1953 81-83
About this item
The volume consists of the following Foreign Office document: 19127, marked 'For Official Use only'.
The volume is divided into sections containing transcripts of treaties and engagements relating to Bahrain; Kuwait; Qatar; Trucial States; Muscat; and miscellaneous. The earliest treaties recorded date from 1820.
- Extent and format
- 1 volume (44 folios)
There is a list of contents at the front of the volume.
- Physical characteristics
Foliation: the foliation sequence commences at 1 on the front cover and terminates at 45 on the back cover. These numbers are written in pencil, are circled, and can be found in the top right hand corner of the recto The front of a sheet of paper or leaf, often abbreviated to 'r'. page of each folio. An original printed pagination sequence is also present in the volume. Foliation anomaly: ff. 10, 10A. The following folio needs to be folded out: f. 39.
- Written in
- English in Latin script View the complete information for this record
Use and share this item
- Share this item
'A Collection of Treaties and Engagements relating to the Persian Gulf Shaikhdoms and the Sultanate of Muscat and Oman in force up to the End of 1953' [4r] (7/92), British Library: India Office Records and Private Papers, IOR/R/15/1/738, in Qatar Digital Library <https://www.qdl.qa/archive/81055/vdc_100023550810.0x000008> [accessed 14 October 2019]
Copy and paste the code below into your web page where you would like to embed the image.
<meta charset="utf-8"><a href="https://www.qdl.qa/en/archive/81055/vdc_100023550810.0x000008">'A Collection of Treaties and Engagements relating to the Persian Gulf Shaikhdoms and the Sultanate of Muscat and Oman in force up to the End of 1953' [‎4r] (7/92)</a> <a href="https://www.qdl.qa/en/archive/81055/vdc_100023550810.0x000008"> <img src="https://images.qdl.qa/iiif/images/81055/vdc_100000000193.0x0002c9/IOR_R_15_1_738_0007.jp2/full/!280,240/0/default.jpg" alt="" /> </a>
Copyright: How to use this content
- 'A Collection of Treaties and Engagements relating to the Persian Gulf Shaikhdoms and the Sultanate of Muscat and Oman in force up to the End of 1953'
- 2r:9v, 10r, 10ar, 10av, 10v, 11r:38v, 40r:44v
- Usage terms
- The copyright status is unknown. Please contact [email protected] with any information you have regarding this item.