'File 1/4 Personal File of Captain H D H Rance' [4v] (12/936)
The record is made up of 1 file (472 folios). It was created in 27 Aug 1943-11 Nov 1950. It was written in English and Arabic. The original is part of the British Library: India Office The department of the British Government to which the Government of India reported between 1858 and 1947. The successor to the Court of Directors. Records and Private Papers.
This transcription is created automatically. It may contain errors.
DIRECTIONS FOR NOTE
* - 4 '
1. A pay bill may be presented at a District Treasury two days bofore the last vrorking day of the montli by the
Uabour of which the pay is earned.
2. A pay bill may, if desired, be enfaced for payment to a banker or Agent and submitted for collection through
such Banker or Agent ; this will obviate the necessity of the officers aUendauoe in person or by messengers, as payment
may then be made direct to the Banker or Agent. '
3. When exemption is claimed in respect of any amount paid to an Inauianoa Company, the original receipt of the
Company for the amount paid or an attested copy thereof should be attached to the pay bill. The receipt will be
returned with the cheque. • . . , , . ,
4. The period for which a subscription to a Fund is due should be spooified whea it differs from the period for wluch
pay is drawn.
5. The fund deductions of a Covenanted Civil Servant are taken upon his ailowances before deductions on account
of Civil Service Provident Fund.
6. The Government of India exercises no supervision over the management of the Hindu Family Annuity Fund, the
General Family Pension Fund and the Bengal Christian Family Peiision Fund and is in no way responsible for their
7. In the case of officers entitled to Sterling Overseas Pay, fund deduotiom are based on the Rupee pay plus the
rupee equivalent of the Sterling Overseas Pay.
8. When the deduction on account of Income-tax shown in the biH iaohwlea tax calculated on Sterling Oversea
Pay, the details of the calculation, on which the deduction is based, may be gi^en at the foot of the bill or, if their %
no" space at the foot, in some other suitable place ; the total being brought into Viae body of the bill in the appi-^te
place and the two entries connected with a letter mark or otherwise. The details should show the sterling amount ophe
Overseas Pay as also its rupee equivalent.
Note 1—Treasury and Audit officers should see that all compulsory deduotiooa iiwludiag thwea for I. C. S. Provident Fund.are duly made and
that schedules showing particulars of all Fund deductions, are attached to the pay bills. ,,..11 u 1 j. i 4.1.
Nutk 2.—Subscribers to the Sterling Branch should note on the bill and in Fund Sohedulo aASaohad to tha bill that the recoveries relate to the
About this item
The file covers the service of Hugh Dunstan Rance as Assistant Political Agent A mid-ranking political representative (equivalent to a Consul) from the diplomatic corps of the Government of India or one of its subordinate provincial governments, in charge of a Political Agency. , Bahrain, 1943 to 1947, and includes papers relating to pay; travel; leave; the transport of personal effects; transport; certification for personal arms, ammunition and swords; National Savings Certificates; service records; personal details; papers relating to awards and decorations; insurance; subscriptions; pensions; war gratuity; medical bills; personal letters; and miscellaneous matters. The Arabic language content of this file is confined to a few receipts.
- Extent and format
- 1 file (472 folios)
The papers are arranged in chronological order from the front to the rear of the file. Circled serial numbers (red for received correspondence; blue/black for issued correspondence) refer to entries in the notes at the rear of the file.
- Physical characteristics
Foliation: the foliation system in use commences at f.1 on the second folio after the front cover and continues through to the back cover (f. 471). The foliation sequence appears written in pencil in the top right hand corner of the recto The front of a sheet of paper or leaf, often abbreviated to 'r'. page of each folio. The following foliation anomalies occur: ff. 98, 98A; ff. 105, 105A; ff. 168, 168A; ff. 219, 219A; ff. 250, 250A; ff. 265, 265A, 265B; ff. 285, 285A-G; ff. 372, 372A; ff. 426, 426A. The following folio numbers are not used: 58-60; 64; 69; 92-94; 102; 116; 180; 206-207; 306; 311; 315; 318; 334; 338; 343. The folllowing folios need to be folded out to be read: ff. 166-168 and ff. 182-184. A second foliation sequence has been crossed out. A third foliation sequence starts at 1 on f. 434. There are occasional additional numbers in red and blue crayon.
- Written in
- English and Arabic in Latin and Arabic script View the complete information for this record
Use and share this item
- Share this item
'File 1/4 Personal File of Captain H D H Rance' [4v] (12/936), British Library: India Office Records and Private Papers, IOR/R/15/2/974, in Qatar Digital Library <https://www.qdl.qa/archive/81055/vdc_100023601772.0x00000d> [accessed 16 September 2019]
Copy and paste the code below into your web page where you would like to embed the image.
<meta charset="utf-8"><a href="https://www.qdl.qa/en/archive/81055/vdc_100023601772.0x00000d">'File 1/4 Personal File of Captain H D H Rance' [‎4v] (12/936)</a> <a href="https://www.qdl.qa/en/archive/81055/vdc_100023601772.0x00000d"> <img src="https://images.qdl.qa/iiif/images/81055/vdc_100000000241.0x0001dd/IOR_R_15_2_974_0012.jp2/full/!280,240/0/default.jpg" alt="" /> </a>
Copyright: How to use this content
- 'File 1/4 Personal File of Captain H D H Rance'
- front, front-i, 1r:1v, 1ar:1av, 2r:2v, 3v:10v, 11v:35v, 36v:40v, 41v:57v, 61r:63v, 65r:66v, 68r:68v, 70r:72v, 73v:86v, 87v:91v, 95r:98v, 98av, 99r:101v, 103r:104v, 105ar:105av, 108v:115v, 117r:127v, 129r:136v, 136ar:136av, 137v:138v, 139v:142v, 143v:161v, 162v:164v, 165v:168v, 168ar:168av, 169r:179v, 181r:202v, 208r:217v, 218v:219v, 219ar:219av, 220v:234v, 235v:246v, 251r:265v, 265ar:265bv, 266r:268v, 270r:285v, 285ar:285gv, 286r:305v, 307r:310v, 312r:314v, 316r:317v, 319r:328v, 330r:333v, 335r:335v, 337r:337v, 339r:342v, 344r:345v, 347r:372v, 372ar:372av, 373r:424v, 425v:426v, 426ar:426av, 427r:427v, 428v:429v, 430v:431v, 432v:465v, 467v:470v, back-i, back
- East India Company, the Board of Control, the India Office, or other British Government Department
- Usage terms
- Open Government Licence