'File 1/4 Personal File of Captain H D H Rance' [10r] (23/936)
The record is made up of 1 file (472 folios). It was created in 27 Aug 1943-11 Nov 1950. It was written in English and Arabic. The original is part of the British Library: India Office The department of the British Government to which the Government of India reported between 1858 and 1947. The successor to the Court of Directors. Records and Private Papers.
This transcription is created automatically. It may contain errors.
The •undermentioned officers have been granted
by the High Commissioner for India extension of leave or
permission to return to duty as advised in list ,T o. ^23 v
dated the 10th January, 1946.
EXTENSION OF L^AVK
Service Appointment Date of Period Advised to
expiry and India by
of leave nature telegram
previously of ex- dated
Capt. G. I.
H. D. li.
31.12.'45 1 month 9 days
I.P,o. 2nd Secretary,
on average pay.
10. l.^G 30 days on
A copy of the foregoing is forwarded to
(1) The Hobble the Political Resident A senior ranking political representative (equivalent to a Consul General) from the diplomatic corps of the Government of India or one of its subordinate provincial governments, in charge of a Political Residency. in the Persian Gulf Historically used by the British to refer to the sea area between the Arabian Peninsula and Iran. Often referred to as The Gulf or the Arabian Gulf.
(2) The Accountant General, Central Revenues.
By order, etc.,
Sd. P. J. Keen,
Under Secretary to the Government of India.
External Affairs Department,
Dated New Delhi, 3, the 24th January, 1946.
C. A. in.
About this item
The file covers the service of Hugh Dunstan Rance as Assistant Political Agent A mid-ranking political representative (equivalent to a Consul) from the diplomatic corps of the Government of India or one of its subordinate provincial governments, in charge of a Political Agency. , Bahrain, 1943 to 1947, and includes papers relating to pay; travel; leave; the transport of personal effects; transport; certification for personal arms, ammunition and swords; National Savings Certificates; service records; personal details; papers relating to awards and decorations; insurance; subscriptions; pensions; war gratuity; medical bills; personal letters; and miscellaneous matters. The Arabic language content of this file is confined to a few receipts.
- Extent and format
- 1 file (472 folios)
The papers are arranged in chronological order from the front to the rear of the file. Circled serial numbers (red for received correspondence; blue/black for issued correspondence) refer to entries in the notes at the rear of the file.
- Physical characteristics
Foliation: the foliation system in use commences at f.1 on the second folio after the front cover and continues through to the back cover (f. 471). The foliation sequence appears written in pencil in the top right hand corner of the recto The front of a sheet of paper or leaf, often abbreviated to 'r'. page of each folio. The following foliation anomalies occur: ff. 98, 98A; ff. 105, 105A; ff. 168, 168A; ff. 219, 219A; ff. 250, 250A; ff. 265, 265A, 265B; ff. 285, 285A-G; ff. 372, 372A; ff. 426, 426A. The following folio numbers are not used: 58-60; 64; 69; 92-94; 102; 116; 180; 206-207; 306; 311; 315; 318; 334; 338; 343. The folllowing folios need to be folded out to be read: ff. 166-168 and ff. 182-184. A second foliation sequence has been crossed out. A third foliation sequence starts at 1 on f. 434. There are occasional additional numbers in red and blue crayon.
- Written in
- English and Arabic in Latin and Arabic script View the complete information for this record
Use and share this item
- Share this item
'File 1/4 Personal File of Captain H D H Rance' [10r] (23/936), British Library: India Office Records and Private Papers, IOR/R/15/2/974, in Qatar Digital Library <https://www.qdl.qa/archive/81055/vdc_100023601772.0x000018> [accessed 22 September 2019]
Copy and paste the code below into your web page where you would like to embed the image.
<meta charset="utf-8"><a href="https://www.qdl.qa/en/archive/81055/vdc_100023601772.0x000018">'File 1/4 Personal File of Captain H D H Rance' [‎10r] (23/936)</a> <a href="https://www.qdl.qa/en/archive/81055/vdc_100023601772.0x000018"> <img src="https://images.qdl.qa/iiif/images/81055/vdc_100000000241.0x0001dd/IOR_R_15_2_974_0023.jp2/full/!280,240/0/default.jpg" alt="" /> </a>
Copyright: How to use this content
- 'File 1/4 Personal File of Captain H D H Rance'
- front, front-i, 1r:1v, 1ar:1av, 2r:2v, 3v:10v, 11v:35v, 36v:40v, 41v:57v, 61r:63v, 65r:66v, 68r:68v, 70r:72v, 73v:86v, 87v:91v, 95r:98v, 98av, 99r:101v, 103r:104v, 105ar:105av, 108v:115v, 117r:127v, 129r:136v, 136ar:136av, 137v:138v, 139v:142v, 143v:161v, 162v:164v, 165v:168v, 168ar:168av, 169r:179v, 181r:202v, 208r:217v, 218v:219v, 219ar:219av, 220v:234v, 235v:246v, 251r:265v, 265ar:265bv, 266r:268v, 270r:285v, 285ar:285gv, 286r:305v, 307r:310v, 312r:314v, 316r:317v, 319r:328v, 330r:333v, 335r:335v, 337r:337v, 339r:342v, 344r:345v, 347r:372v, 372ar:372av, 373r:424v, 425v:426v, 426ar:426av, 427r:427v, 428v:429v, 430v:431v, 432v:465v, 467v:470v, back-i, back
- East India Company, the Board of Control, the India Office, or other British Government Department
- Usage terms
- Open Government Licence