'Sea-going launch for the Political Agent, Bahrain. Corr. re: Kelvin Engine.' [1bv] (6/398)
The record is made up of 1 volume (199 folios). It was created in 7 Apr 1934-14 May 1937. It was written in English and Arabic. The original is part of the British Library: India Office The department of the British Government to which the Government of India reported between 1858 and 1947. The successor to the Court of Directors. Records and Private Papers.
This transcription is created automatically. It may contain errors.
TERMS OF BUSINESS.
(1) Buyers in the United Kingdom are requested to remit 10 per cent, with
order and the." balance when we intimate that the goods are ready for despatch.
(2) Buyers abroad (including those who have no business account with us)
can secure prompt shipment by remitting 10 per cent, by telegraph. The balance,
including freight, insurance, etc., is payable against the Bill of Lading presented
through the Bank on arrival of the goods.
CONDITIONS OF SALE.
(1) We endeavour to estimate delivery times accurately, and to deliver up to
time, but we accept no responsibility for loss incurred by a purchaser which is due
to late delivery.,
(2) Should a purchaser show that the goods supplied do not conform to the
contract, we will accept them back at the contract price. The purchaser to accept
that in full settlement of breach of contract.
(1) If the owner of a " KELVIN " engine (whether the original buyer or not)
can show by correspondence or otherwise to our satisfaction that any part Bas
failed within a year of despatch owing to an original fault of design, material, or
workmanship, we will supply (carriage paid within the United Kingdom, or packed
and delivered F.O.B.) a duplicate part free of charge to the owner.
(2) The fitting of replacements thus supplied is not embraced in this guarantee,
but the agent through whom the engine was originally bought will give the owner
what assistance he can throughout the guarantee period, free of charge to the owner
and without responsibility to the agent or to us. If the owner cannot bring his
engine to the agent he must agree to pay for time and outlay incurred by the
agent while travelling.
(3) A claim under guarantee must be made by the owner of the engine for the
time being direct upon us, and the number of the engine must be stated.
(4) A part claimed under guarantee must be so claimed at ordering.
(5) A part returned to us must be labelled with the owner's name, the engine
number, and must be sent carriage paid. We do not accept delivery of returned
parts sent carriage " f of ward."
(6) Loss suffered by an owner in consequence of failure of his engine from what
ever cause is not covered by this guarantee.
(7) No claim in respect of missing tools will be entertained unless the tool box
was received by the owner with the lead seal intact. Every tool box contains a book
of instructions and a price list of engine parts.
(8) Magnetos, dynamos and sparking plugs are not embraced in this guarantee,
and the owner should address the magneto maker direct, whether in respect of
claims or in connection with repairs. A magneto returned to a maker should be
labelled with the owner's name and should be sent carriage paid.
(9) This guarantee takes the place of all warranties expressed or imphed, and
an engine is sold by us and accepted by the purchaser on that understanding.
THE BERGIUS COMPANY, LTD.,
254 BOBBIE'S LOAN, GLASGOW, C.4.
About this item
Correspondence discusses the new launch Felix Jones for the Political Agent A mid-ranking political representative (equivalent to a Consul) from the diplomatic corps of the Government of India or one of its subordinate provincial governments, in charge of a Political Agency. , Bahrain and includes:
- Brochure for a Kelvin Diesel engine by the Bergius Company, Glasgow.
- Diagram and description for a new reversing gear for marine engines, product of John I. Thorneycroft.
- Supply of Thornycroft engine by distributers, A.M. Yateem Brothers, Bahrain .
- Estimates for building new Felix Jones including materials used.
- Sketch diagrams for building a harbour for Felix Jones Bushire pier (folio 59).
- Advertisement for Thornycroft RD/6 Type Marine Engine with photo of Starboard side view of Engine with Reverse Gear (folio 122).
Correspondents include: Khalil bin Ibrahim Kanoo; Lieut-Colonel Gordon Loch, Political Agent A mid-ranking political representative (equivalent to a Consul) from the diplomatic corps of the Government of India or one of its subordinate provincial governments, in charge of a Political Agency. Bahrain; Political Resident A senior ranking political representative (equivalent to a Consul General) from the diplomatic corps of the Government of India or one of its subordinate provincial governments, in charge of a Political Residency. Persian Gulf Historically used by the British to refer to the sea area between the Arabian Peninsula and Iran. Often referred to as The Gulf or the Arabian Gulf. ; John Thorneycroft and Co Ltd; M.Worth, the Agency An office of the British Government and, earlier, of the East India Company. , Bahrain; Captain J.V. Creagh, Senior Naval Officer, Persian Gulf Historically used by the British to refer to the sea area between the Arabian Peninsula and Iran. Often referred to as The Gulf or the Arabian Gulf. Division. A.M. Yateem Bros, Bahrian.
- Extent and format
- 1 volume (199 folios)
The papers are arranged chronologically from the rear to the front of the file.
- Physical characteristics
There are a couple of incomplete foliation sequences and one complete foliation sequence. The complete sequence is circled in pencil, near the top of the recto The front of a sheet of paper or leaf, often abbreviated to 'r'. of each folio. It begins on the front cover, on number 1, and ends on the inside of the back cover, on number 182. Foliation errors: f.1 is followed by ff.1A-O; f.7 is followed by f.7A; f.13 is followed by f.13A
- Written in
- English and Arabic in Latin and Arabic script View the complete information for this record
Use and share this item
- Share this item
'Sea-going launch for the Political Agent, Bahrain. Corr. re: Kelvin Engine.' [1bv] (6/398), British Library: India Office Records and Private Papers, IOR/R/15/2/1101, in Qatar Digital Library <https://www.qdl.qa/archive/81055/vdc_100023628122.0x000007> [accessed 27 June 2019]
Copy and paste the code below into your web page where you would like to embed the image.
<meta charset="utf-8"><a href="https://www.qdl.qa/en/archive/81055/vdc_100023628122.0x000007">'Sea-going launch for the Political Agent, Bahrain. Corr. re: Kelvin Engine.' [‎1bv] (6/398)</a> <a href="https://www.qdl.qa/en/archive/81055/vdc_100023628122.0x000007"> <img src="https://images.qdl.qa/iiif/images/81055/vdc_100000000241.0x0002c4/IOR_R_15_2_1101_0006.jp2/full/!280,240/0/default.jpg" alt="" /> </a>
Copyright: How to use this content
- 'Sea-going launch for the Political Agent, Bahrain. Corr. re: Kelvin Engine.'
- front, front-i, 1br:1mv, 3r:5v, 7r:7v, 7av, 8r:9v, 14r:15v, 18r:19v, 26r:26v, 28r:28v, 32r:34v, 37r:41v, 49r:51v, 53r:59v, 63r:63v, 65r:65v, 67r:73v, 76r:78v, 80r:83v, 86r:86v, 92r:92v, 94r:95v, 100r:101v, 107r:113v, 115r:116v, 119r:119v, 128r:142v, 144r:145v, 149r:181v, back-i, back
- East India Company, the Board of Control, the India Office, or other British Government Department
- Usage terms
- Open Government Licence