'File 8/15 Arab Series - 1933-1939' [214v] (428/434)
The record is made up of 1 file (214 folios). It was created in 31 Aug 1933-20 Mar 1939. It was written in English and French. The original is part of the British Library: India Office The department of the British Government to which the Government of India reported between 1858 and 1947. The successor to the Court of Directors. Records and Private Papers.
About this item
The file contains the Foreign Office confidential prints of the Arabia Series for the years 1933 to 1938. It includes correspondence, memoranda, and extracts from newspapers. The correspondence is principally between the British Legation in Jedda and the Foreign Office. Other correspondents include British diplomatic, political, and military offices, foreign diplomats, heads of state, tribal leaders, corporations, and individuals in the Middle East region.
Each annual series is composed of several numbered serials that are often connected to a particular subject. The file covers many subjects related to the affairs of Saudi Arabia.
Included in the file are the following:
- a memorandum on Arab Unity produced by the Foreign Office dated 12 June 1933 (author unknown), folios 11-13;
- a memorandum on petroleum in Arabia produced by the Petroleum Department dated 5 August 1933 (author unknown), folios 23-26;
- a record of interviews with Ibn Sa‘ūd, King of Saudi Arabia, conducted by Reader Bullard and George William Rendel between 20 and 22 March 1937;
- a memorandum on Yemen by Captain B W Seager, the Frontier Officer, dated 20 July 1937;
- several records of proceedings of ships on patrol in the Red Sea, including that of HMS Penzance , Hastings , Colombo , Bideford , and Londonderry .
Folios 213-15 are internal office notes.
- Extent and format
- 1 file (214 folios)
The file is arranged chronologically.
- Physical characteristics
Foliation: the main foliation sequence (used for referencing) commences at the front cover with 1 and terminates at the back cover with 217; these numbers are written in pencil, are circled, and are located in the top right corner of the recto The front of a sheet of paper or leaf, often abbreviated to 'r'. side of each folio. An additional foliation sequence is also present in parallel between ff 2-215; these numbers are also written in pencil, but are not circled, and are located in the same position as the main sequence.
- Written in
- English and French in Latin script View the complete information for this record
Use and share this item
- Share this item
'File 8/15 Arab Series - 1933-1939' [214v] (428/434), British Library: India Office Records and Private Papers, IOR/R/15/2/310, in Qatar Digital Library <https://www.qdl.qa/archive/81055/vdc_100025548488.0x00001d> [accessed 15 December 2019]
Copy and paste the code below into your web page where you would like to embed the image.
<meta charset="utf-8"><a href="https://www.qdl.qa/en/archive/81055/vdc_100025548488.0x00001d">'File 8/15 Arab Series - 1933-1939' [‎214v] (428/434)</a> <a href="https://www.qdl.qa/en/archive/81055/vdc_100025548488.0x00001d"> <img src="https://images.qdl.qa/iiif/images/81055/vdc_100000000241.0x000115/IOR_R_15_2_310_0428.jp2/full/!280,240/0/default.jpg" alt="" /> </a>
Copyright: How to use this content
- 'File 8/15 Arab Series - 1933-1939'
- front, front-i, 2r:6v, 7v:9r, 10r:13r, 14v:18r, 19r, 20r:22r, 23r:46r, 47r:57v, 58v, 59v:61v, 63r, 64v:66v, 68r:76r, 77r:86r, 87r:88v, 89v:103v, 105r:111v, 112v:120v, 121v:122r, 123r:127r, 128v:131v, 133r:137v, 138v:143r, 144v:154r, 155r:175r, 176r:181v, 182v, 184v:196v, 198r:198v, 201r:204v, 206r:207r, 208r:212r, 213r:216v, back-i, back
- East India Company, the Board of Control, the India Office, or other British Government Department
- Usage terms
- Open Government Licence