File 12/9 Visits to Bahrain of government officials and others [7r] (18/578)
The record is made up of 1 volume (285 folios). It was created in 4 Jan 1935-6 Aug 1940. It was written in English and Arabic. The original is part of the British Library: India Office The department of the British Government to which the Government of India reported between 1858 and 1947. The successor to the Court of Directors. Records and Private Papers.
This transcription is created automatically. It may contain errors.
No. of 19 35.
Resident in the Persian Gulf Historically used by the British to refer to the sea area between the Arabian Peninsula and Iran. Often referred to as The Gulf or the Arabian Gulf. presents his cora-
and has the honour to transmit to him a copy of the undermentioned does-
Name and Date.
telegram No. 0825, dated 14th
HIS MAJESTY’S MINISTER AND
About this item
The volume contains correspondence sent and received by the Political Agent A mid-ranking political representative (equivalent to a Consul) from the diplomatic corps of the Government of India or one of its subordinate provincial governments, in charge of a Political Agency. at Bahrain regarding the arrangements and programmes for visits to Bahrain of the following:
- the Minister at Jedda, Sir Andrew Ryan, visiting the Gulf;
- the Political Agent A mid-ranking political representative (equivalent to a Consul) from the diplomatic corps of the Government of India or one of its subordinate provincial governments, in charge of a Political Agency. at Kuwait;
- Mr Rendel of the Foreign Office;
- Dr Pawelke, Secretary to the German legation in Baghdad;
- Mr Loxle;
- the British Ministry at Tehran, Mr and Mrs Seymour, visiting Qatar and Bahrain;
- Princess Alice and Earl of Athlone, on a private visit to Ibn Saud and to Bahrain, Qatar and to the California-Arabian Standard Oil (CASOC) oil camp at Al Khobar;
- the British Ministry in Jedda, Sir Reader Bullard;
- the British Ambassador at Baghdad, Sir Basil Cochrane Newton visiting Bahrain, Dubai, Muscat and CASOC at Dharhan (account of his tour on folios 246-256);
- Emir Saud [Sa‘ūd bin ‘Abd al-‘Azīz Āl Sa‘ūd] visiting Baghdad;
- the Officers of the Geological Survey of India visiting the Persian Gulf Historically used by the British to refer to the sea area between the Arabian Peninsula and Iran. Often referred to as The Gulf or the Arabian Gulf. .
The documents in the volume are mainly in English. There is correspondence in Arabic with English translations, with Shaikh Ḥamad bin ‘Īsá Āl Khalīfah, Ruler of Bahrain, Shaikh Abdullah bin Qasim Al Thani, Ruler of Qatar, and the Government of Saudi Arabia at Al Khobar.
- Extent and format
- 1 volume (285 folios)
The papers in the volume are arranged chronologically. There is an index at the end of the volume, on folios 260-283. The index is arranged chronologically and refers to documents within the volume; it gives brief description of the correspondence with a reference number, which refers back to that correspondence in the volume.
- Physical characteristics
Foliation: the main foliation sequence (used for referencing) commences at the front cover with 1 , and terminates at the inside back cover with 287; these numbers are written in pencil, are circled, and are located in the top right corner of the recto The front of a sheet of paper or leaf, often abbreviated to 'r'. side of each folio. Two additional foliation sequences are present between ff 5-259 and ff 260-283 respectively. These numbers are also written in pencil, and can be found in the same position as the main sequence, but they are not circled.
- Written in
- English and Arabic in Latin and Arabic script View the complete information for this record
Use and share this item
- Share this item
File 12/9 Visits to Bahrain of government officials and others [7r] (18/578), British Library: India Office Records and Private Papers, IOR/R/15/2/499, in Qatar Digital Library <https://www.qdl.qa/archive/81055/vdc_100025644190.0x000013> [accessed 24 September 2019]
Copy and paste the code below into your web page where you would like to embed the image.
<meta charset="utf-8"><a href="https://www.qdl.qa/en/archive/81055/vdc_100025644190.0x000013">File 12/9 Visits to Bahrain of government officials and others [‎7r] (18/578)</a> <a href="https://www.qdl.qa/en/archive/81055/vdc_100025644190.0x000013"> <img src="https://images.qdl.qa/iiif/images/81055/vdc_100000000241.0x0002e2/IOR_R_15_2_499_0018.jp2/full/!280,240/0/default.jpg" alt="" /> </a>
Copyright: How to use this content
- File 12/9 Visits to Bahrain of government officials and others
- front, back, spine, edge, head, tail, front-i, 2r:24v, 27r:43v, 46r:63v, 64v:67v, 68v:131v, 132v:155v, 158r:162v, 165r:168v, 170r:170v, 171v:173v, 176r:187v, 188v:202v, 203v:217v, 218v:224v, 227r:227v, 231r:234v, 236r:287r
- East India Company, the Board of Control, the India Office, or other British Government Department
- Usage terms
- Open Government Licence