'File 29/28 British Industrial Fair' [12r] (23/512)
The record is made up of 1 file (256 folios). It was created in 13 Sep 1934-24 Dec 1950. It was written in English, Arabic, French, Spanish and Portuguese. The original is part of the British Library: India Office The department of the British Government to which the Government of India reported between 1858 and 1947. The successor to the Court of Directors. Records and Private Papers.
About this item
This file contains correspondence, promotional material and other documents related to the British Industries Fair (BIF) in London and other similar events in London, including a mechanical handling conference (1948) and an engineering and marine exhibition (1949).
The file contains a number of invitations to attend the fair that were sent to prominent merchants in Bahrain by the Political Agency An office of the British Government and, earlier, of the East India Company. in Bahrain as well as replies sent back by these merchants. Much of this correspondence is in Arabic (with English translations).
The file also contains promotional material related to the BIF and other events including the following:
- a pamphlet written by Malcolm Logan entitled 'Story of the B.I.F.' The pamphlet is in English, French, Spanish and Portuguese (folios 142-149);
- two posters for the Mechanical Handling Conference in London 1948, one in French (folio 151) and one in English (folio 152);
- a pamphlet entitled 'Background to the B.I.F.' (folios 203-210).
- Extent and format
- 1 file (256 folios)
The papers are arranged in approximate chronological order from the front to the rear of the file.
- Physical characteristics
Foliation: the main foliation sequence (used for referencing) commences at the front cover with 1 and terminates at the inside back cover with 256; these numbers are written in pencil, are circled, and are located in the top right corner of the recto The front of a sheet of paper or leaf, often abbreviated to 'r'. side of each folio. An additional foliation sequence is also present in parallel between ff 4-117; these numbers are also written in pencil, but are not circled (except for a few circled numbers which have been crossed out).
- Written in
- English, Arabic, French, Spanish and Portuguese in Latin and Arabic script View the complete information for this record
Use and share this item
- Share this item
'File 29/28 British Industrial Fair' [12r] (23/512), British Library: India Office Records and Private Papers, IOR/R/15/2/1755, in Qatar Digital Library <https://www.qdl.qa/archive/81055/vdc_100026469999.0x000018> [accessed 15 September 2019]
Copy and paste the code below into your web page where you would like to embed the image.
<meta charset="utf-8"><a href="https://www.qdl.qa/en/archive/81055/vdc_100026469999.0x000018">'File 29/28 British Industrial Fair' [‎12r] (23/512)</a> <a href="https://www.qdl.qa/en/archive/81055/vdc_100026469999.0x000018"> <img src="https://images.qdl.qa/iiif/images/81055/vdc_100000000282.0x0001ea/IOR_R_15_2_1755_0023.jp2/full/!280,240/0/default.jpg" alt="" /> </a>
Copyright: How to use this content
- 'File 29/28 British Industrial Fair'
- front, front-i, 2r:19v, 23r:36v, 40r, 41r:41v, 40v, 42r:63v, 67r:72v, 76r:76v, 80r:82v, 84r:95v, 97r:134v, 136r:210v, 212r:222v, 224r:233v, 235r:255v, back-i, back
- East India Company, the Board of Control, the India Office, or other British Government Department
- Usage terms
- Open Government Licence