'File 39/23 II Negotiations for seabed oil in Bahrain, Trucial Coast and Qatar' [2v] (4/138)
The record is made up of 1 file (67 folios). It was created in 8 Jun 1949-5 Dec 1950. It was written in English and Arabic. The original is part of the British Library: India Office The department of the British Government to which the Government of India reported between 1858 and 1947. The successor to the Court of Directors. Records and Private Papers.
About this item
The file contains correspondence, in English and Arabic, between the Political Agent A mid-ranking political representative (equivalent to a Consul) from the diplomatic corps of the Government of India or one of its subordinate provincial governments, in charge of a Political Agency. at Bahrain, the Agency An office of the British Government and, earlier, of the East India Company. at Sharjah and local rulers regarding their jurisdiction over the seabed adjacent to their coastline, for the purpose of oil drilling offshore.
The correspondents are:
- Ruler of Qatar, Shaikh ‘Abdullāh bin Jāsim Āl Thānī;
- Ruler of Bahrain, Shaikh Salmān bin Ḥamad Āl Khalīfah;
- Ruler of Umm-al-Qaiwain [Umm al-Quwain, UAE], Shaikh Ahmad II bin Rashid Al Mu'alla;
- the brother of the Ruler of Sharjah, Shaikh Muhammad bin Saqr Al Qasimi;
- Ruler of Ras al Khaimah, Sheikh Saqr bin Moḥammad Al Qasimi;
- Ruler of Ajman, Shaikh Rashid bin Humaid Al Nuaimi;
- Ruler of Abu Dhabi, Shaikh Shakhbut bin Sultan Al Nahyan;
- Ruler of Dubai, Shaikh Saeed bin Maktoum bin Hasher Āl Maktūm.
- Extent and format
- 1 file (67 folios)
The documents in the file are arranged in chronological order.
- Physical characteristics
Foliation: the main foliation sequence commences at the front cover with 1 and terminates at the back cover with 69; these numbers are written in pencil, are circled, and are located in the top right corner of the recto The front of a sheet of paper or leaf, often abbreviated to 'r'. side of each folio. An additional incomplete foliation sequence is also present in parallel between ff 2-68; these numbers are written in a combination of pencil and ink, but are not circled (some are crossed out), and they are located in the same position as the main sequence.
- Written in
- English and Arabic in Latin and Arabic script View the complete information for this record
Use and share this item
- Share this item
'File 39/23 II Negotiations for seabed oil in Bahrain, Trucial Coast and Qatar' [2v] (4/138), British Library: India Office Records and Private Papers, IOR/R/15/2/890, in Qatar Digital Library <https://www.qdl.qa/archive/81055/vdc_100029515163.0x000005> [accessed 23 February 2020]
Copy and paste the code below into your web page where you would like to embed the image.
<meta charset="utf-8"><a href="https://www.qdl.qa/en/archive/81055/vdc_100029515163.0x000005">'File 39/23 II Negotiations for seabed oil in Bahrain, Trucial Coast and Qatar' [‎2v] (4/138)</a> <a href="https://www.qdl.qa/en/archive/81055/vdc_100029515163.0x000005"> <img src="https://images.qdl.qa/iiif/images/81055/vdc_100000000241.0x000161/IOR_R_15_2_890_0004.jp2/full/!280,240/0/default.jpg" alt="" /> </a>
Copyright: How to use this content
- 'File 39/23 II Negotiations for seabed oil in Bahrain, Trucial Coast and Qatar'
- front, front-i, 2r:4v, 11r:12v, 25r:29v, 40r:54v, 57r:59v, 63r:68v, back-i, back
- East India Company, the Board of Control, the India Office, or other British Government Department
- Usage terms
- Open Government Licence