File 240/1913 'Mohammerah - Khoremabad Railway; the Khor Musa agreement' [221v] (447/452)
The record is made up of 1 volume (222 folios). It was created in 27 Nov 1912-14 Apr 1913. It was written in English, Farsi and French. The original is part of the British Library: India Office The department of the British Government to which the Government of India reported between 1858 and 1947. The successor to the Court of Directors. Records and Private Papers.
About this item
The volume contains memoranda, correspondence and telegrams, and minutes of letters between British officials regarding railway constructions in Persia, focussing on the line planned between Mohammerah [Khorramshahr, Iran] and Khoremabad [Khorramabad, Iran].
The subjects covered are:
- the leasing of land around Khor Musa to the British by the Ruler of Mohammerah, in 1912 (document in Farsi with English translation on ff 182-183);
- railway concessions agreed by Persian Government and negotiations with Persian Railways Syndicate;
- Persian Railways Syndicate's application for a mining concession in the Kerman district (Draft Concession on ff 52 and 53);
- the Julfa-Tabriz Railway Concession, in French (ff 62-63).
The main correspondents are: the Ruler of Mohammerah, Shaikh Kazal [Khaz‘al bin Jābir bin Mirdāw al-Ka‘bī], Persian Railways Syndicate Limited, the Imperial Bank of Persia, the India Office The department of the British Government to which the Government of India reported between 1858 and 1947. The successor to the Court of Directors. , the Foreign Office, and the Political Residency A diplomatic office of the British Government established in the provinces and regions considered part of, or under the influence of, British India. in the Persian Gulf Historically used by the British to refer to the sea area between the Arabian Peninsula and Iran. Often referred to as The Gulf or the Arabian Gulf. .
Some correspondence is in Farsi and some letters in French, from the Russian Embassy in London, are present in the volume. A map of Persia and Afghanistan, showing the projected railways, is on folio 77.
The volume includes a divider which gives the year that the subject file was opened, the subject heading, and a list of correspondence references contained in it arranged by year. This divider is placed at the front of the volume.
- Extent and format
- 1 volume (222 folios)
The papers are arranged in approximate chronological order from the rear to the front of the volume. The subject 240 (Mohammerah - Khoremabad Railway; the Khor Musa agreement) consists of one volume, IOR/L/PS/10/332.
- Physical characteristics
Foliation: the main foliation sequence (used for referencing) commences at the inside front cover with 1, and terminates at the inside back cover with 224; these numbers are written in pencil, are circled, and are located in the top right corner of the recto The front of a sheet of paper or leaf, often abbreviated to 'r'. side of each folio. The map, f 77, is a very large fold-out sized at A1.
- Written in
- English, Farsi and French in Latin and Arabic script View the complete information for this record
Use and share this item
- Share this item
File 240/1913 'Mohammerah - Khoremabad Railway; the Khor Musa agreement' [221v] (447/452), British Library: India Office Records and Private Papers, IOR/L/PS/10/332, in Qatar Digital Library <https://www.qdl.qa/archive/81055/vdc_100029687558.0x000030> [accessed 14 October 2019]
Copy and paste the code below into your web page where you would like to embed the image.
<meta charset="utf-8"><a href="https://www.qdl.qa/en/archive/81055/vdc_100029687558.0x000030">File 240/1913 'Mohammerah - Khoremabad Railway; the Khor Musa agreement' [‎221v] (447/452)</a> <a href="https://www.qdl.qa/en/archive/81055/vdc_100029687558.0x000030"> <img src="https://images.qdl.qa/iiif/images/81055/vdc_100000000419.0x0000e3/IOR_L_PS_10_332_0449.jp2/full/!280,240/0/default.jpg" alt="" /> </a>
Copyright: How to use this content
- File 240/1913 'Mohammerah - Khoremabad Railway; the Khor Musa agreement'
- front, back, spine, edge, head, tail, front-i, 2r:8v, 9v:15v, 17v:28r, 29r:36v, 37v:44v, 46r:47v, 50r:52r, 55r:61v, 64r:76v, 79r:92v, 94r:97v, 99r:113v, 115r:143v, 145r:173v, 175r:177v, 179r:181v, 184r:198v, 199v:209v, 211r:223v, back-i
- East India Company, the Board of Control, the India Office, or other British Government Department
- Usage terms
- Open Government Licence