Register of legal documents [back] (2/406)
The record is made up of 1 volume (198 folios). It was created in 11 Jan 1950-31 Dec 1950. It was written in English and Arabic. The original is part of the British Library: India Office The department of the British Government to which the Government of India reported between 1858 and 1947. The successor to the Court of Directors. Records and Private Papers.
About this item
The volume is a register of legal documents, deposited at the Political Agency An office of the British Government and, earlier, of the East India Company. , Bahrain. Most of the documents are certified copies of the originals. Many of the documents have been stamped as 'cancelled'. Many of the agreements and resolutions involve oil companies, including the Bahrain Petroleum Company (BAPCO), Petroleum Concessions Ltd, California Texas Oil Company (Caltex), and the Texas Company (China) Ltd.
The types of document include:
- tenancy and lease agreements;
- powers of attorney;
- corporate resolutions;
- partnership agreements;
- certificates of delivery;
- certification of notary publics.
The last 82 folios are blank.
- Extent and format
- 1 volume (198 folios)
The volume is arranged chronologically from the front of the file to the back.
- Physical characteristics
Foliation: the main foliation sequence (used for referencing) commences at the front cover with 1 and terminates at the inside back cover with 201; these numbers are written in pencil, are circled, and are located in the top right corner of the recto The front of a sheet of paper or leaf, often abbreviated to 'r'. side of each folio. A previous foliation sequence, which is also circled, has been superseded and therefore crossed out.
Pagination: the file has been paginated using a combination of black ink, blue crayon, and pencil.
- Written in
- English and Arabic in Latin and Arabic script View the complete information for this record
Use and share this item
- Share this item
Register of legal documents [back] (2/406), British Library: India Office Records and Private Papers, IOR/R/15/2/2021, in Qatar Digital Library <https://www.qdl.qa/archive/81055/vdc_100032823159.0x000003> [accessed 14 November 2019]
Copy and paste the code below into your web page where you would like to embed the image.
<meta charset="utf-8"><a href="https://www.qdl.qa/en/archive/81055/vdc_100032823159.0x000003">Register of legal documents [‎back] (2/406)</a> <a href="https://www.qdl.qa/en/archive/81055/vdc_100032823159.0x000003"> <img src="https://images.qdl.qa/iiif/images/81055/vdc_100000000282.0x0002f4/IOR_R_15_2_2021_0002.jp2/full/!280,240/0/default.jpg" alt="" /> </a>
Copyright: How to use this content
- Register of legal documents
- front, back, spine, edge, head, tail, front-i, 2r:2v, 4r:4v, 6r:7v, 9r, 10v, 14r, 15v, 18v, 19v:21v, 22v, 24v, 27r, 29v, 32r, 34v, 37r:40r, 42r, 44r, 46r, 47v, 49r, 50v, 52r, 53v, 54v, 55v, 56v, 57v, 58v:59r, 60r, 63r, 66v, 70r, 73r, 76v, 80r, 82r, 84r:84v, 86r, 88r, 90r, 92r, 93r, 94r, 95r, 96v, 97v, 98v, 99v, 100v, 101v, 102v, 103v, 104v, 105v, 106v, 107v, 108v, 110r, 113v, 115v, 116v:200v, back-i
- East India Company, the Board of Control, the India Office, or other British Government Department
- Usage terms
- Open Government Licence