Coll 29/5 'Seistan: vice consulate appointments (Zabul)' [32r] (64/185)
The record is made up of 1 file (90 folios). It was created in 13 Mar 1931-22 Jul 1946. It was written in English. The original is part of the British Library: India Office The department of the British Government to which the Government of India reported between 1858 and 1947. The successor to the Court of Directors. Records and Private Papers.
This transcription is created automatically. It may contain errors.
IN - TELEGRAM.
Prom: NEW ^ELHI,
To: PRODROME TSHRAl^.
No.185, of 5th May, 1942.
Addressed to Meshed,
repeated to Tehran, No.185.
m v o-ur telercram No.205 of 2nd May.
Oov r m T nent of India agr' :i e that ZABIJL and FAIN
Vice-Consnlate nay be left temporarily vacant.
3. ^rrange!Tlents have been made for ABDUL HAYS to
proceed at once to asaune duties of pro-Consul at
ZABUL. He leaves Quetta May 13th. If Persian
agreement necessary would Minister, TEHRAN, be good
enough to obtain this and inform MESHED direct.
About this item
The file concerns appointments at the Consulates in Seistan and Zabul.
The file covers:
- appointment of G Fawsitt Taylor as Medical Officer and Vice Consul to Seistan, in 1931
- appointment of T F Shepherd as member of the staff
- appointment of J J Beausang as Medical Officer and Vice Consul to Seistan, in 1932 (acting)
- creation of the post of Vice Consul at Zabul [Afghanistan]
- appointment of L A C Fry as Vice Consul at Zabul, in 1937
- appointment of W V D Willoughby as Vice Consul at Zabul, in 1937
- appointment of L H V French as Vice Consul at Zabul, in 1942
- appointment of R A Clinton Thomas as Vice Consul at Zabul, in 1942
- creation of the post of Assistant to the Vice Consul at Zabul
- Personal aspects of Life as Vice-Consul, Zabul , report by L H V French, 1942 (ff 18-21).
The file is composed solely of internal correspondence between the Foreign Office, the India Office The department of the British Government to which the Government of India reported between 1858 and 1947. The successor to the Court of Directors. , the Government of India, the Passport Office, the Consulate in Seistan, the British Minister at Tehran, the Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs, and the Office of the High Commissioner for India.
- Extent and format
- 1 file (90 folios)
The papers are arranged in approximate chronological order from the rear to the front of the file.
- Physical characteristics
Foliation: the foliation sequence (used for referencing) commences at the front cover with 1, and terminates at the inside back cover with 92; these numbers are written in pencil, are circled, and are located in the top right corner of the recto The front of a sheet of paper or leaf, often abbreviated to 'r'. side of each folio.
- Written in
- English in Latin script View the complete information for this record
Use and share this item
- Share this item
Coll 29/5 'Seistan: vice consulate appointments (Zabul)' [32r] (64/185), British Library: India Office Records and Private Papers, IOR/L/PS/12/3561, in Qatar Digital Library <https://www.qdl.qa/archive/81055/vdc_100040745706.0x000041> [accessed 9 December 2019]
Copy and paste the code below into your web page where you would like to embed the image.
<meta charset="utf-8"><a href="https://www.qdl.qa/en/archive/81055/vdc_100040745706.0x000041">Coll 29/5 'Seistan: vice consulate appointments (Zabul)' [‎32r] (64/185)</a> <a href="https://www.qdl.qa/en/archive/81055/vdc_100040745706.0x000041"> <img src="https://images.qdl.qa/iiif/images/81055/vdc_100000000648.0x00007b/IOR_L_PS_12_3561_0064.jp2/full/!280,240/0/default.jpg" alt="" /> </a>
Copyright: How to use this content
- Coll 29/5 'Seistan: vice consulate appointments (Zabul)'
- front, front-i, 2r:91v, back-i, back
- East India Company, the Board of Control, the India Office, or other British Government Department
- Usage terms
- Open Government Licence