'REPORT on the Working of the Line of Communication AND ON THE Withdrawal of the British Military Mission IN EAST PERSIA, 1919-20. GENERAL STAFF INDIA. [39r] (84/168)
The record is made up of 1 volume (87 folios). It was created in 1921. It was written in English. The original is part of the British Library: India Office The department of the British Government to which the Government of India reported between 1858 and 1947. The successor to the Court of Directors. Records and Private Papers.
This transcription is created automatically. It may contain errors.
PART II.—The Withdrawal.
II,—Supply and Transport Services. (Including some special points for considerat.on.)
VI.—Posts and Telegraphs.
About this item
The volume is titled Report on the Working of the Line of Communication and on the Withdrawal of the British Military Mission in East Persia, General Staff India . The volume is marked confidential and was printed in Delhi by Superintendent Government Printing, India, in 1921.
The report is from the General Officer Commanding, Baluchistan District to the Chief of the General Staff; the report contains preliminary remarks on 'The withdrawal of the troops of the British Military Mission at and beyond Meshed, and of the Lines of Communication'. There follows the substantive report from the Inspector-General of Communications, East Persia, Duzdap to the General Staff, Baluchistan District, Quetta. This report is divided into two parts:
- Part I - 'A brief report on the working and organization of the Line of Communications, East Persia, in April 1920'
- Part II - 'The withdrawal' which has the following sub-sections: general; supply and transport services (including some special points for consideration); medical; ordnance; works; posts and telegraphs; vetinary.
The report is accompanied by nine maps:
- 'APPENDIX 1. SKETCH MAP SHOWING POSITION OF POST AND COMBINED OFFICES IN EAST PERSIA' (folio 10)
- 'APPENDIX 1. L. OF C.E.P. INTELLIGENCE SYSTEM' (folio 12)
- 'APPENDIX 2. AREA ON THE EAST PERSIA L. OF C. COMMON TO RAIDING (folio 15)
- 'APPENDIX 1. GRAPHIC MAP ILLUSTRATING THE NORMAL SOURCES FROM WHICH THE TROOPS IN EAST PERSIA WERE SUPPLIED AND THE CONTINUOUS MOVEMENTS BY WHICH THE SUPPLIES WERE NORMALLY DISTRIBUTED TO THE FORCE AT MESHED AND TO THE GARRISONS OF POSTS ON L. OF C.' (folio 18)
- 'APPENDIX 1. LINES OF COMMUNICATION EAST PERSIA' (folio 33)
- 'APPENDIX 3. DIAGRAM SHOWING POSITIONS OF TELEPHONE, TELEGRAPH AND COMBINED OFFICES IN EAST PERSIA' (folio 35)
- 'COLUMNS AND CONVOYS WOKRING IN CONNECTION WITH WITHDRAWAL FROM EAST PERSIA' (folio 55)
- 'DAYS AFTER ZERO' (folio 62)
- 'PLAN showing ORGANIZATION OF LINE OF COMMUNICATIONS (ADMINISTRATIVE AND DEFENCE TROOPS) (folio 77)
- Extent and format
- 1 volume (87 folios)
The volume is arranged in three parts: preliminary remarks; part I; and part II.
- Physical characteristics
Foliation: the foliation sequence for this description commences at the front cover with 1, and terminates at the inside back cover with 78; these numbers are written in pencil, are circled, and are located in the top right corner of the recto The front of a sheet of paper or leaf, often abbreviated to 'r'. side of each folio.
Pagination: the volume also contains an original printed pagination sequence.
- Written in
- English in Latin script View the complete information for this record
Use and share this item
- Share this item
'REPORT on the Working of the Line of Communication AND ON THE Withdrawal of the British Military Mission IN EAST PERSIA, 1919-20. GENERAL STAFF INDIA. [39r] (84/168), British Library: India Office Records and Private Papers, IOR/L/MIL/17/15/35, in Qatar Digital Library <https://www.qdl.qa/archive/81055/vdc_100041423675.0x000055> [accessed 22 August 2019]
Copy and paste the code below into your web page where you would like to embed the image.
<meta charset="utf-8"><a href="https://www.qdl.qa/en/archive/81055/vdc_100041423675.0x000055">'REPORT on the Working of the Line of Communication AND ON THE Withdrawal of the British Military Mission IN EAST PERSIA, 1919-20. GENERAL STAFF INDIA. [‎39r] (84/168)</a> <a href="https://www.qdl.qa/en/archive/81055/vdc_100041423675.0x000055"> <img src="https://images.qdl.qa/iiif/images/81055/vdc_100000000239.0x000149/IOR_L_MIL_17_15_35_0084.jp2/full/!280,240/0/default.jpg" alt="" /> </a>
Copyright: How to use this content
- 'REPORT on the Working of the Line of Communication AND ON THE Withdrawal of the British Military Mission IN EAST PERSIA, 1919-20. GENERAL STAFF INDIA.
- front, back, spine, edge, head, tail, front-i, 2r:25r, 25r:25v, 25v:55r, 55r:55v, 55v:62r, 62r:62v, 62v:77r, 77r:77v, 77v, back-i
- East India Company, the Board of Control, the India Office, or other British Government Department
- Usage terms
- Open Government Licence