Bahrain Agency accounts [43r] (118/1007)
The record is made up of 1 file (595 folios). It was created in Apr 1922-Apr 1923. It was written in English and Arabic. The original is part of the British Library: India Office The department of the British Government to which the Government of India reported between 1858 and 1947. The successor to the Court of Directors. Records and Private Papers.
This transcription is created automatically. It may contain errors.
P%000/-(Rupees On© Thousand) only.
En + ©red.
H.B.M’s Political Agent A mid-ranking political representative (equivalent to a Consul) from the diplomatic corps of the Government of India or one of its subordinate provincial governments, in charge of a Political Agency. and Treasury* Off icer,
About this item
The file comprises papers (bills, receipts, vouchers) relating to the accounts of the Political Agency An office of the British Government and, earlier, of the East India Company. in Bahrain, for the months April 1922 to April 1923. Papers included for each month, or most months, include:
- statements of the cash account for the Political Agency An office of the British Government and, earlier, of the East India Company. in Bahrain, including a list of receipts and payments received;
- lists of foreign bills issued, with details of to whom they were granted, to whom payable, and amounts drawn;
- salary bills for the Political Agent A mid-ranking political representative (equivalent to a Consul) from the diplomatic corps of the Government of India or one of its subordinate provincial governments, in charge of a Political Agency. (Major Clive Kirkpatrick Daly) and others employed in the Political Agency An office of the British Government and, earlier, of the East India Company. ;
- detailed pay bills for permanent staff in the Political Agency An office of the British Government and, earlier, of the East India Company. , including clerks and munshis;
- acquittance (payment) rolls for staff at the Political Agency An office of the British Government and, earlier, of the East India Company. ;
- travel allowance bills;
- papers relating to postage and telegram charges, including approximately two-hundred Indo-European telegraph ( Persian Gulf Historically used by the British to refer to the sea area between the Arabian Peninsula and Iran. Often referred to as The Gulf or the Arabian Gulf. section) receipts for individual telegrams sent;
- vouchers for office expenditure, steam launch costs, annual and special repairs, sanitary expenditure;
- papers relating to salary bills and supplies for the Victoria Memorial Hospital in Bahrain.
Other papers included in the file include receipts and bills from commercial companies (some in Arabic), correspondence and file notes relating to the Agency An office of the British Government and, earlier, of the East India Company. accounts, and a detailed bill showing the cost of food and lodging for slaves seeking redress at the Political Agency An office of the British Government and, earlier, of the East India Company. (ff 250-254).
All monetary values quoted in the file are in Indian rupees, annas and pies.
- Extent and format
- 1 file (595 folios)
The papers are arranged by month, as follows: April 1922 (ff 2-38); May 1922 (ff 39-72); June 1922 (ff 73-96); July 1922 (ff 97-121); October 1922 (ff 122-143); September 1922 (ff 144-163); August 1922 (ff 164-199); November 1922 (ff 200-219); December 1922 (ff 220-241); January 1923 through to April 1923 (ff 242-382). Accounts for the months April 1922 through to December 1922 are preceded by a cover sheet. Accounts for the months January 1923 to April 1923 do not have a cover sheet, but broadly retain the same arrangements as previous months.
- Physical characteristics
Foliation: the foliation sequence commences at the front cover with 1 and terminates at the inside back cover with 383; these numbers are written in pencil, are circled, and are located in the top right corner of the recto The front of a sheet of paper or leaf, often abbreviated to 'r'. side of each folio.
The following foliation anomalies occur in the file: ff 30a-m; ff 31a-l; ff 32a-d; ff 65 a-k; ff 66 a-i; ff 83 a-b; ff 85 a-l; f 86a; ff 118 a-n; ff 139a-b; f 143a; f 162a; ff 173a-d; ff 188a-q, ff 188s-t; ff 189a-q, f 189s; ff 190a-h; ff 210a-h; ff 211a-l; ff 235a-k; f 238a; f 242a; ff 256a-o; f 267a; ff 276a-q, f 276s; ff 297a-p.
- Written in
- English and Arabic in Latin and Arabic script View the complete information for this record
Use and share this item
- Share this item
Bahrain Agency accounts [43r] (118/1007), British Library: India Office Records and Private Papers, IOR/R/15/2/1982, in Qatar Digital Library <https://www.qdl.qa/archive/81055/vdc_100041447817.0x000077> [accessed 6 December 2019]
Copy and paste the code below into your web page where you would like to embed the image.
<meta charset="utf-8"><a href="https://www.qdl.qa/en/archive/81055/vdc_100041447817.0x000077">Bahrain Agency accounts [‎43r] (118/1007)</a> <a href="https://www.qdl.qa/en/archive/81055/vdc_100041447817.0x000077"> <img src="https://images.qdl.qa/iiif/images/81055/vdc_100000000282.0x0002cd/IOR_R_15_2_1982_0120.jp2/full/!280,240/0/default.jpg" alt="" /> </a>
Copyright: How to use this content
- Bahrain Agency accounts
- front, front-i, 2r:30r, 30ar:30br, 30cr, 30dr, 30er, 30fr, 30gr, 30hr, 30hr, 30ir, 30jr, 30kr, 30lr, 30mr, 31r, 31ar:31br, 31cr, 31dr, 31er, 31fr, 31gr:31hv, 31jr, 31kr:31lv, 32r, 32ar, 32br, 32cr, 32dr, 32v:65r, 65ar, 65br, 65cr, 65dr, 65er, 65fr, 65gr:65hr, 65ir, 65jr, 65kr, 65v:66r, 66ar:66br, 66cr, 66dr, 66er, 66fr:66gr, 66hr, 66ir, 66v:82v, 83ar:83bv, 83r:83v, 83cr:83cv, 84r:85r, 85ar, 85br, 85cr, 85dr, 85er, 85fr, 85gr, 85hr, 85ir, 85jr, 85kr, 85lr, 85v, 86ar:86av, 86r:93v, 94ar:94av, 95r:117v, 118ar, 118br, 118cr, 118dr, 118er, 118fr, 118gr:118ir, 118jr, 118kr, 118lr, 118mr, 118nr, 119r:138v, 139ar, 139r:139v, 139br:139bv, 140r:142v, 143ar:143av, 143r:161v, 162ar:162av, 162r:173v, 173ar, 173br, 173cr, 173dr:173dv, 174r:188r, 188ar:188br, 188cr, 188dr, 188er, 188fr, 188gr, 188hr, 188ir, 188jr, 188kr, 188lr, 188mr, 188nr, 188or, 188pr, 188qr, 188qr, 188r:189r, 189ar:189br, 189cr, 189dr, 189er, 189fr, 189gr, 189hr, 189ir, 189jr, 189kr, 189lr, 189mr, 189nr, 189or, 189pr, 189qr, 189r:190r, 190ar:190br, 190cr, 190dr, 190er, 190fr, 190gr, 190hr, 190v:210r, 210ar, 210br, 210cr, 210dr, 210er:210fr, 210gr, 210hr, 210v:211r, 211ar, 211br, 211cr, 211dr, 211er, 211fr:211gr, 211hr, 211ir, 211jr, 211kr, 211lr, 212r:235r, 235ar:235br, 235cr, 235dr, 235er, 235fr, 235gr, 235hr, 235ir, 235jr, 235kr:235kv, 235v:242v, 242ar:242av, 243r:256r, 256ar:256br, 256cr, 256dr, 256er, 256fr, 256gr, 256hr, 256ir, 256jr, 256jr, 256kr, 256lr, 256mr, 256nr, 256or, 256v:267v, 267ar:267av, 268r:275v, 276ar, 276br, 276cr, 276dr, 276er, 276fr, 276gr, 276hr, 276ir, 276jr, 276kr, 276lr, 276mr, 276nr, 276or, 276pr, 276qr, 276r, 276r:296v, 297ar, 297br, 297cr, 297dr, 297er, 297fr, 297gr, 297hr, 297ir, 297jr, 297kr, 297lr, 297mr, 297nr, 297or, 297pr:297pv, 297v:301v, 303r:315v, 317r:346v, 348r:358v, 360r:368v, 371r:382v, back-i, back
- East India Company, the Board of Control, the India Office, or other British Government Department
- Usage terms
- Open Government Licence