Coll 29/28 'Meshed: office allowance and consulate buildings' [12r] (25/343)
The record is made up of 1 file (170 folios). It was created in 15 Jul 1922-9 Jan 1940. It was written in English. The original is part of the British Library: India Office The department of the British Government to which the Government of India reported between 1858 and 1947. The successor to the Court of Directors. Records and Private Papers.
This transcription is created automatically. It may contain errors.
- 2 -
concurrence of Hia Majesty’s Government to
of the cost of the new lorry may kindly be
new lorry will be purehased in the most economical manner,
and a moiety of the sale proceeds of the existing lorry
will be credited to His Majesty’s Government in the
I have the honour to be,
Your most obedient servant,
for Secretary to the Government of India
^ V~ "r‘
About this item
The file concerns the British Vice Consulate at Meshed (Mashhad, Iran).
The file covers:
- office allowance and pay, in 1923
- proposal to transfer the Consulate outside the town, in 1928, rejected by the Government of India for financial reasons
- report of fire broken out on 14 October 1929 in the Consulate building, and repairs needed
- supply of fire extinguishers
- encroachment made on Consulate property by a neighbour
- appointment of Attaché, in 1932
- estimates for special works to be done in 1934
- office allowance increase, in 1935
- street-widening scheme affecting Consulate property, 1936
- claim from Iranian Authorities for asphalting footpath in front of Consulate, in 1938
- replacement of motor lorry, in 1939.
The file is composed of internal correspondence between the Foreign Office, the India Office The department of the British Government to which the Government of India reported between 1858 and 1947. The successor to the Court of Directors. , the Government of India, the British Consulate at Meshed (Khorasan), the Viceroy, the British Legation at Tehran, and the Office of Works.
- Extent and format
- 1 file (170 folios)
The papers are arranged in approximate chronological order from the rear to the front of the file.
- Physical characteristics
Foliation: the foliation sequence for this description commences at the inside front cover with 1, and terminates at the last folio with 171; these numbers are written in pencil, are circled, and are located in the top right corner of the recto The front of a sheet of paper or leaf, often abbreviated to 'r'. side of each folio.
- Written in
- English in Latin script View the complete information for this record
Use and share this item
- Share this item
Coll 29/28 'Meshed: office allowance and consulate buildings' [12r] (25/343), British Library: India Office Records and Private Papers, IOR/L/PS/12/3585, in Qatar Digital Library <https://www.qdl.qa/archive/81055/vdc_100042031818.0x00001a> [accessed 23 October 2019]
Copy and paste the code below into your web page where you would like to embed the image.
<meta charset="utf-8"><a href="https://www.qdl.qa/en/archive/81055/vdc_100042031818.0x00001a">Coll 29/28 'Meshed: office allowance and consulate buildings' [‎12r] (25/343)</a> <a href="https://www.qdl.qa/en/archive/81055/vdc_100042031818.0x00001a"> <img src="https://images.qdl.qa/iiif/images/81055/vdc_100000000648.0x000093/IOR_L_PS_12_3585_0026.jp2/full/!280,240/0/default.jpg" alt="" /> </a>
Copyright: How to use this content
- Coll 29/28 'Meshed: office allowance and consulate buildings'
- front, front-i, 2r, back-i, back, 2v:171r
- East India Company, the Board of Control, the India Office, or other British Government Department
- Usage terms
- Open Government Licence