File 3516/1914 Pt 9 'German War: Persia' [105r] (214/618)
The record is made up of 1 volume (305 folios). It was created in 11 Aug 1915-17 Dec 1915. It was written in English. The original is part of the British Library: India Office The department of the British Government to which the Government of India reported between 1858 and 1947. The successor to the Court of Directors. Records and Private Papers.
This transcription is created automatically. It may contain errors.
In any further communica
tion on this subject, please quote
The Under-Secretary of State
his compliments to the Under-Secretary of State for
and, by direction of the Secretary
of State, transmits’ herewith cop of the under-mentioned.
cUUc Foreign Office,
fineC £ , 1915 -
Reference to previous corresponded^ . .g
Letter ^. om Foreign Office: \\\%is\h
Description of Inclosure.
Name and Date.
(Similar letter sent to
About this item
The volume concerns the situation in Persia during the First World War. The main focus is the British occupation of Bushire.
The volume covers:
- Instructions regarding Bakhtiari.
- Movements of Wassmuss and German agents in Persia.
- Situation in Bushire, at Isfahan, at Urumia [Urmia, Iran], and at Tehran.
- Attitude of Persian Prime Minister.
- Arrival of Russian troops at Enzeli [Bandar-e Anzali, Iran].
- Murder of British Vice-Consul at Shiraz.
- Attacks on British Consuls at Isfahan and Kangavar, and on Consulate officials at Shiraz.
- Situation at Anglo-Persian Oil Company oilfields.
- Activities of German Vice-Consul at Sultanabad.
- German activity at Kermanshah.
- German sending gold to Persia, to outbid Anglo-Russian financial assistance.
- Extract of Imperial Bank of Persia's report on German occupation of Kermanshah.
The volume’s principal correspondents are: Charles Marling, British Minister at Tehran; British Consuls at Meshed, Sistan and Kain, Kerman, Isfahan, Khorasan, Kermanshah; Arthur Prescott Trevor, Officer on Special Duty in the Persian Gulf Historically used by the British to refer to the sea area between the Arabian Peninsula and Iran. Often referred to as The Gulf or the Arabian Gulf. ; Percy Cox, Political Resident A senior ranking political representative (equivalent to a Consul General) from the diplomatic corps of the Government of India or one of its subordinate provincial governments, in charge of a Political Residency. in Persian Gulf Historically used by the British to refer to the sea area between the Arabian Peninsula and Iran. Often referred to as The Gulf or the Arabian Gulf. ; John Nixon, General Officer Commanding, India Expeditionary Force 'D', Basrah; Charles Hardinge, Viceroy of India; Alfred Hamilton Grant, Foreign Secretary to the Government of India; Austen Chamberlain, Secretary of State for India; George Buchanan, British Ambassador in Russia; Imperial Bank of Persia; Shaikh Hussein of Chahkutah and Rais Ali of Dilwar [Rais Ali Delvari].
- Extent and format
- 1 volume (305 folios)
The papers are arranged in approximate chronological order from the rear to the front of the volume.
- Physical characteristics
Foliation: the foliation sequence (used for referencing) commences at the inside front cover with 1, and terminates at the inside back cover with 307; these numbers are written in pencil, are circled, and are located in the top right corner of the recto The front of a sheet of paper or leaf, often abbreviated to 'r'. side of each folio.
- Written in
- English in Latin script View the complete information for this record
Use and share this item
- Share this item
File 3516/1914 Pt 9 'German War: Persia' [105r] (214/618), British Library: India Office Records and Private Papers, IOR/L/PS/10/486, in Qatar Digital Library <https://www.qdl.qa/archive/81055/vdc_100043131465.0x00000f> [accessed 29 February 2020]
Copy and paste the code below into your web page where you would like to embed the image.
<meta charset="utf-8"><a href="https://www.qdl.qa/en/archive/81055/vdc_100043131465.0x00000f">File 3516/1914 Pt 9 'German War: Persia' [‎105r] (214/618)</a> <a href="https://www.qdl.qa/en/archive/81055/vdc_100043131465.0x00000f"> <img src="https://images.qdl.qa/iiif/images/81055/vdc_100000000419.0x00017d/IOR_L_PS_10_486_0214.jp2/full/!280,240/0/default.jpg" alt="" /> </a>
Copyright: How to use this content
- File 3516/1914 Pt 9 'German War: Persia'
- front, back, spine, edge, head, tail, front-i, 2r:7v, 11r:78r, 81v:82v, 85r:174v, 175v:269v, 278r:306v, back-i
- East India Company, the Board of Control, the India Office, or other British Government Department
- Usage terms
- Open Government Licence