Coll 29/6 'Mohammerah and Khorramshahr: vice consulate and consulate appointments' [52r] (106/470)
The record is made up of 1 file (232 folios). It was created in 9 Apr 1931-4 Sep 1948. It was written in English. The original is part of the British Library: India Office The department of the British Government to which the Government of India reported between 1858 and 1947. The successor to the Court of Directors. Records and Private Papers.
This transcription is created automatically. It may contain errors.
p lLE COPY
OUTWARD TELEGRAM _
j t mmmm' ,mm
e * r
*- v 2907
FROM FOREIGN O FFICE TO TEHR.iN .
N0,421. ^ 4^55 p #m# 18th April, 1946.
17th April, 1946.
My despat ch No«41 ir ,fof February 14th:^ superintendence
of HisSaje ns uTalT~a t“Khor r am s hahr from ahwazj.
I gather that the Government of India have not
yet approved the change and I shall therefore be glad
if you will suspend action until their considered views
2 . I assume that it was not your idea that
Khorramshahr should revert to the status of vice-consulate.
About this item
The file concerns appointments at the Vice-Consulate (later Consulate) at Mohammerah [Khorramshahr, Iran].
The file covers:
- emoluments of H G Jakins as Vice Consul of Mohammerah in 1932
- appointment of F C L Chauncy as Vice Consul of Mohammerah in 1932
- clerical posts at the Kuwait Political Agency and at the Vice-Consulate in Mohammerah
- Norwegian consular representation at Abadan
- appointment of Allen Lancelot Austin Dredge as Vice-Consul of Mohammerah in 1941
- proposed opening of a Consulate at Mohammerah and reducing of Ahwaz to a Vice-Consulate
- appointment of F C L Chauncy as Consul of Mohammerah in 1942
- appointment of R A McConaghey as Acting Consul of Mohammerah in 1943
- appointment of R H Cook as Acting Consul of Mohammerah in 1944
- relations between Political Residency in the Persian Gulf, at Bushire, and Consulate at Khorramshahr
- appointment of V W D Willoughby as Consul of Mohammerah in 1948.
The file is composed of correspondence between the Foreign Office; the India Office; the Government of India; the Political Resident in the Persian Gulf; the Viceroy; the Secretary of State for India; the British Consulates at Ahwaz, and Mohammerah; British Petroleum; the Royal Norwegian Legation to London; the British Minister at Tehran.
- Extent and format
- 1 file (232 folios)
The papers are arranged in approximate chronological order from the rear to the front of the file.
- Physical characteristics
Foliation: the foliation sequence (used for referencing) commences at the front cover with 1, and terminates at the last folio with 233; these numbers are written in pencil, are circled, and are located in the top right corner of the recto side of each folio.
- Written in
- English in Latin script View the complete information for this record
Use and share this item
- Share this item
Coll 29/6 'Mohammerah and Khorramshahr: vice consulate and consulate appointments' [52r] (106/470), British Library: India Office Records and Private Papers, IOR/L/PS/12/3562, in Qatar Digital Library <https://www.qdl.qa/archive/81055/vdc_100044389805.0x00006b> [accessed 16 November 2019]
Copy and paste the code below into your web page where you would like to embed the image.
<meta charset="utf-8"><a href="https://www.qdl.qa/en/archive/81055/vdc_100044389805.0x00006b">Coll 29/6 'Mohammerah and Khorramshahr: vice consulate and consulate appointments' [‎52r] (106/470)</a> <a href="https://www.qdl.qa/en/archive/81055/vdc_100044389805.0x00006b"> <img src="https://images.qdl.qa/iiif/images/81055/vdc_100000000648.0x00007c/IOR_L_PS_12_3562_0107.jp2/full/!280,240/0/default.jpg" alt="" /> </a>
Copyright: How to use this content
- Coll 29/6 'Mohammerah and Khorramshahr: vice consulate and consulate appointments'
- front, front-i, 2r, back-i, back, 2v:39v, 40ar, 40r:166v, 168r:185v, 185r:189v, 191r:232v, back-i
- East India Company, the Board of Control, the India Office, or other British Government Department
- Usage terms
- Open Government Licence