'1/C III. Miscellaneous.' [7v] (23/632)
The record is made up of 1 volume (313 folios). It was created in 28 Dec 1921-2 Jan 1924. It was written in English and Arabic. The original is part of the British Library: India Office The department of the British Government to which the Government of India reported between 1858 and 1947. The successor to the Court of Directors. Records and Private Papers.
About this item
The volume comprises telegrams, despatches, correspondence, memoranda, and notes, relating to a large number of miscellaneous topics:
The discussion in the volume relates to the following topics:
- Expulsion of Hafidh Wahba from Bahrain, 1922.
- Proposals to reduce Gulf establishment, 1922.
- Rumours of intrigue by Shaikh Khaz'al, 1922.
- Faisal Al Duwish's raids, 1922.
- Diving systems in Kuwait and Bahrain, 1923.
- Difference between `amir' and `wakil', 1923.
- Channel of correspondence between Home Government and Gulf posts, 1923.
- Expulsion of Dawasir from Bahrain, 1923.
- Proposals to charge for lighting and buoying services, 1923.
The volume includes an index (folio 4). The principal correspondents in the volume include: the Political Resident A senior ranking political representative (equivalent to a Consul General) from the diplomatic corps of the Government of India or one of its subordinate provincial governments, in charge of a Political Residency. in the Persian Gulf Historically used by the British to refer to the sea area between the Arabian Peninsula and Iran. Often referred to as The Gulf or the Arabian Gulf. , Arthur Prescott Trevor; HBM Consul, Khorramshahr; HBM Consul, Mohammerah [Khorramshahr]; HBM Consul and Political Agent A mid-ranking political representative (equivalent to a Consul) from the diplomatic corps of the Government of India or one of its subordinate provincial governments, in charge of a Political Agency. , Muscat; Secretariat of HE the High Commissioner for Iraq; Air Headquarters, Baghdad; Civil Embarkation Officer, Karachi; Commanding Officer, Mosul District; General Headquarters (Levies) Baghdad; Director, Royal Indian Marine.
- Extent and format
- 1 volume (313 folios)
The papers are arranged in approximate chronological order from the front to the rear of the volume.
- Physical characteristics
Foliation: the main foliation sequence (used for referencing) commences at the first folio with 1 and terminates at the last folio with 310; these numbers are written in pencil, are circled, and are located in the top right corner of the recto The front of a sheet of paper or leaf, often abbreviated to 'r'. side of each folio.
The foliation sequence does not include the front and back covers; nor does it include the two leading and ending flyleaves.
Additional foliation sequences are present in parallel between ff 5-308; these numbers are also written in pencil, but, where circled, are crossed through.
- Written in
- English and Arabic in Latin and Arabic script View the complete information for this record
Use and share this item
- Share this item
'1/C III. Miscellaneous.' [7v] (23/632), British Library: India Office Records and Private Papers, IOR/R/15/5/96, in Qatar Digital Library <https://www.qdl.qa/archive/81055/vdc_100051556298.0x000018> [accessed 15 December 2019]
Copy and paste the code below into your web page where you would like to embed the image.
<meta charset="utf-8"><a href="https://www.qdl.qa/en/archive/81055/vdc_100051556298.0x000018">'1/C III. Miscellaneous.' [‎7v] (23/632)</a> <a href="https://www.qdl.qa/en/archive/81055/vdc_100051556298.0x000018"> <img src="https://images.qdl.qa/iiif/images/81055/vdc_100000000831.0x00002b/IOR_R_15_5_96_0023.jp2/full/!280,240/0/default.jpg" alt="" /> </a>
Copyright: How to use this content
- '1/C III. Miscellaneous.'
- front, back, spine, edge, head, tail, front-i, i-r:i-v, 1r:22v, 24r:29v, 33r:39v, 41r:44v, 46r:58v, 61r:71v, 73r:82v, 85r:89v, 92r:94v, 96r:108v, 110r:110v, 112r:112v, 114r:114v, 116r:197v, 199r:208v, 210r:257v, 259r:283v, 285r:310v, ii-r:ii-v, back-i
- East India Company, the Board of Control, the India Office, or other British Government Department
- Usage terms
- Open Government Licence