'15/3 Vol I XV - B/1 VISITORS SUSPECTS & UNDESIRABLES SULEMAN AL BARUNI AL NAFUSI & HIS RELATIVES Jan 1923 - June 1940.' [142r] (294/420)
The record is made up of 1 file (206 folios). It was created in 25 Jan 1923-8 Jun 1940. It was written in English. The original is part of the British Library: India Office The department of the British Government to which the Government of India reported between 1858 and 1947. The successor to the Court of Directors. Records and Private Papers.
This transcription is created automatically. It may contain errors.
1 . Unopanad Kagistarad Cow No. R.na addraaaad t, to the
2. Unopanad Ragistarad Covar Ho. R.I43 addraaMd to tte rranch
3. Opaaad Kaglatarad Covar Ho. 180 addraeaed to Syad Alaad
, ^ im , Tunis togathar with a translation of the oontanta.
4. Opanad R^iotarad Covar Ho. R. 142 addressed to the French
^sinister ^-sident—Ganaral in Tunis together with a
translation of the contents*
5* Opened at a*cgie^red and unstasaped cover addressed to the
French Premier. The contents are identical with those of
enclosure Mo. 4 .
6 * Opened unregistered end unstamped cover addressed to Sy«a
Omar Faiq Shunaib of Damascus together with a translation
of the contents.
7. A second opened unregistered and unstamped letter in s dark
envelope addressed to Syed Ahmed £arlm of Tunis with a
translation of the short enclosure.
About this item
The file comprises telegrams, despatches, correspondence, memoranda, and notes, relating to Suleiman al Baruni and his relatives.
The discussion in the file concerns:
- Baruni's travel to Iraq and Muscat
- his membership of the Ibadhi sect and the esteem he was held in by both the Sultan of Muscat and Oman and the Imam of Oman
- his appointment as Minister in the government of the Sultanate of Muscat and Oman
- arrangements for travel of members of his family
The principal correspondents in the volume are: the Political Agent A mid-ranking political representative (equivalent to a Consul) from the diplomatic corps of the Government of India or one of its subordinate provincial governments, in charge of a Political Agency. , Muscat; the Political Resident A senior ranking political representative (equivalent to a Consul General) from the diplomatic corps of the Government of India or one of its subordinate provincial governments, in charge of a Political Residency. in the Persian Gulf Historically used by the British to refer to the sea area between the Arabian Peninsula and Iran. Often referred to as The Gulf or the Arabian Gulf. ; HM High Commissioner for Iraq; and officials of the Government of the Sultanate of Muscat and Oman.
- Extent and format
- 1 file (206 folios)
The papers are arranged in approximate chronological order from the front to the rear of the volume.
- Physical characteristics
Foliation: the foliation sequence (used for referencing) commences at the first folio with 1 and terminates at the last folio with 202; these numbers are written in pencil, are circled, and are located in the top right corner of the recto The front of a sheet of paper or leaf, often abbreviated to 'r'. side of each folio. The foliation sequence does not include the front and back covers, nor does it include the leading and ending flyleaves. A previous foliation sequence, which is also circled, has been superseded and therefore crossed out.
- Written in
- English in Latin script View the complete information for this record
Use and share this item
- Share this item
'15/3 Vol I XV - B/1 VISITORS SUSPECTS & UNDESIRABLES SULEMAN AL BARUNI AL NAFUSI & HIS RELATIVES Jan 1923 - June 1940.' [142r] (294/420), British Library: India Office Records and Private Papers, IOR/R/15/6/449, in Qatar Digital Library <https://www.qdl.qa/archive/81055/vdc_100055749000.0x00005f> [accessed 27 May 2019]
Copy and paste the code below into your web page where you would like to embed the image.
<meta charset="utf-8"><a href="https://www.qdl.qa/en/archive/81055/vdc_100055749000.0x00005f">'15/3 Vol I XV - B/1 VISITORS SUSPECTS & UNDESIRABLES SULEMAN AL BARUNI AL NAFUSI & HIS RELATIVES Jan 1923 - June 1940.' [‎142r] (294/420)</a> <a href="https://www.qdl.qa/en/archive/81055/vdc_100055749000.0x00005f"> <img src="https://images.qdl.qa/iiif/images/81055/vdc_100000000881.0x0000e0/IOR_R_15_6_449_0294.jp2/full/!280,240/0/default.jpg" alt="" /> </a>
Copyright: How to use this content
- '15/3 Vol I XV - B/1 VISITORS SUSPECTS & UNDESIRABLES SULEMAN AL BARUNI AL NAFUSI & HIS RELATIVES Jan 1923 - June 1940.'
- front, back, spine, edge, head, tail, front-i, i-r:ii-v, 1r:3v, 7r:53v, 54v:81v, 83r:84v, 87r:110v, 112r:116v, 118r:118v, 121r:142v, 150r:151v, 153r:156v, 158r:160v, 162r:170v, 173r:175v, 180r:186v, 188r:193v, 195r:202v, iii-r:iv-v, back-i
- East India Company, the Board of Control, the India Office, or other British Government Department
- Usage terms
- Open Government Licence