Coll 30/25 'Persian Gulf: Treaties and Agreements between H.M.G. and Arab Chiefs and Rulers; Supply of Copies to Ibn Saud and the Italian Govt.' [71r] (141/420)
The record is made up of 1 volume (208 folios). It was created in 1 Nov 1926-26 Apr 1938. It was written in English, Arabic and French. The original is part of the British Library: India Office The department of the British Government to which the Government of India reported between 1858 and 1947. The successor to the Court of Directors. Records and Private Papers.
This transcription is created automatically. It may contain errors.
a^rvico, within tfe« dOMinionw of Hi# fli*hn«#» th# Hult^xa of
#hn !3 ru>t be entered* or e^ttrched under any pretext
by tfc© official# of Hi# Hiphne## without the coa#ent of the
occupier* anle»# with the eo aUftnce end eeiiiat^nce of the
Britleh Cenewl or hi# eubfctitute.
4 rtiole IV.
It 1# hereby agreed between the two High Contracting
, rtiee that* in the ereat of ea agreesaent uwing hereafter
arrived at between Hie Uighno## tvhe aa.ltaa of nummt tad t^ie
rariowe rower# with which Hi# Highneea ehall be in Treaty
relatione* including Great Britain, which mutot be a eeneentiaf
party* thereby the r^aid i ts? of a district or town shall*
without dietlnctlon of oatloneiUty, be jsade subject to the
payment of local taxey for aunlelyal and eanitary purpoee#*
the mm to be fired and adminietcred by or under the control
of a epecinl Bo rd* nothing contained In thi# Treaty afcall be
undoretood »o aft to exempt British reeident# frore the payment
of euch taseee*
Subject** of the two High Coatr cling Hartiee ehull
within the doaialoae of each other* enjoy freedom of conscience
^*.4 *^1 K*iaum teierelioa. the free and public exercise of all
The etipwlatleaa of the preeent treaty ehali be
appl ioable to all the Colonic# and forsifn poee ealon# of Her
Britannic Majeaty eo fur u# the law# ermlt* excepting to
About this item
This volume contains correspondence between British officials concerning a number of requests to be sent copies of various treaties agreed between Britain and rulers/states in the Persian Gulf Historically used by the British to refer to the sea area between the Arabian Peninsula and Iran. Often referred to as The Gulf or the Arabian Gulf. .
In addition to this correspondence, the volume also contains copies of many of the treaties that are discussed (some of which are in both English and Arabic) as follows:
- 'Exclusive Agreement of the Chief of Abu Dhabi with the British Government, dated the 6th March, 1892' (folio 53)
- 'Agreement of 23rd January 1899 with Ruler of Kuwait' (folios 54-55)
- 'Exclusive Agreeemnt of the Shaikh of Bahrein with the British Government, dated the 13th March, 1892' (folios 56)
- 'Text of Treaty, dated November 3, 1916, and ratified on March, 23, 1918, with Sheikh Abdullah-bin-Jasim-bin-Thani of El Katr' (folios 57-60)
- 'Treaty of Friendship, Commerce and Navigation Between Great Britain and Muscat - 1891. Signed at Muscat. March 19th - 1891. Ratifications were exchanged in 1892' (folios 61-74)
- 'Agreement Regarding the Cession of Territory by the Sultan of Oman, Dated 20th March, 1891' (folio 75-76)
- 'Extract from Treaty of Erzurum concluded between Persia and Turkey on May 31st, 1847' in French (folios 77-78)
- 'Memorandum on Certain Aspects of the Situation in the Persian Gulf Historically used by the British to refer to the sea area between the Arabian Peninsula and Iran. Often referred to as The Gulf or the Arabian Gulf. as between His Majesty's Government in the United Kingdom, the Government of India, and the Persian Government' (folios 102-103)
- 'Precis of the Treaties and Engagements between the British Government and the Chiefs of the Arabian Coast of the Persian Gulf Historically used by the British to refer to the sea area between the Arabian Peninsula and Iran. Often referred to as The Gulf or the Arabian Gulf. ' September 29 1928 (folios 106-108)
- 'Memorandum on British Commitments to the Sheikh of Mavia' (folios 179-181)
- 'Idrisi Treaty - Text of Treaty of April 30th, 1915' (folios 184-185)
- 'Treaties and Agreements between the British Government and Certain Arab Rulers and Agreements Between the Said Rulers InterSe Affecting the British Government' Manager of India Press, Calcutta, 1926 (folios 186-210).
The volume includes a divider, which gives a list of correspondence references contained in the volume by year. This is placed at the back of the correspondence.
- Extent and format
- 1 volume (208 folios)
The papers are arranged in approximate chronological order from the rear to the front of the file.
- Physical characteristics
Foliation: the foliation sequence (used for referencing) commences at the front cover with 1, and terminates at the inside back cover with 210; these numbers are written in pencil, are circled, and are located in the top right corner of the recto The front of a sheet of paper or leaf, often abbreviated to 'r'. side of each folio. A previous foliation sequence, which is also circled, has been superseded and therefore crossed out.
- Written in
- English, Arabic and French in Latin and Arabic script View the complete information for this record
Use and share this item
- Share this item
Coll 30/25 'Persian Gulf: Treaties and Agreements between H.M.G. and Arab Chiefs and Rulers; Supply of Copies to Ibn Saud and the Italian Govt.' [71r] (141/420), British Library: India Office Records and Private Papers, IOR/L/PS/12/3739, in Qatar Digital Library <https://www.qdl.qa/archive/81055/vdc_100056065166.0x00008e> [accessed 23 August 2019]
Copy and paste the code below into your web page where you would like to embed the image.
<meta charset="utf-8"><a href="https://www.qdl.qa/en/archive/81055/vdc_100056065166.0x00008e">Coll 30/25 'Persian Gulf: Treaties and Agreements between H.M.G. and Arab Chiefs and Rulers; Supply of Copies to Ibn Saud and the Italian Govt.' [‎71r] (141/420)</a> <a href="https://www.qdl.qa/en/archive/81055/vdc_100056065166.0x00008e"> <img src="https://images.qdl.qa/iiif/images/81055/vdc_100000000648.0x000130/IOR_L_PS_12_3739_0141.jp2/full/!280,240/0/default.jpg" alt="" /> </a>
Copyright: How to use this content
- Coll 30/25 'Persian Gulf: Treaties and Agreements between H.M.G. and Arab Chiefs and Rulers; Supply of Copies to Ibn Saud and the Italian Govt.'
- front, front-i, 2r:35v, 37r:45v, 49r:98v, 101r:209v, back-i, back
- East India Company, the Board of Control, the India Office, or other British Government Department
- Usage terms
- Open Government Licence