'Military report on Tehran and adjacent Provinces of North-West Persia (including the Caspian Littoral)' [edge] (4/610)
The record is made up of 1 volume (301 folios). It was created in 1922. It was written in English. The original is part of the British Library: India Office The department of the British Government to which the Government of India reported between 1858 and 1947. The successor to the Court of Directors. Records and Private Papers.
About this item
Military report compiled by Captain LS Fortescue of the General Staff of the Mesopotamia Expeditionary Force and printed in Calcutta at the Superintendent Government Printing, India, 1922.
The volume begins with a statement defining the geographical area covered by the report. The report is divided into ten chapters, plus appendices, each concerning a different subject, as follows:
- Chapter 1: History
- Chapter 2: Geography
- Chapter 3: Climate, Water, Medical and Aviation
- Chapter 4: Ethnography
- Chapter 5: Administration (including a table of provinces with administrative details (folios 123-30)
- Chapter 6: Armed Forces of the Persian Government
- Chapter 7: Economic Resources
- Chapter 8: Tribes
- Chapter 9: Personalities
- Chapter 10: Communications
- Appendices: Glossary of terms; Weights, measures and coinage; Bibliography; Historical sketch (Chapter 1) continued from June 1920 to the end of 1921
At the back of the volume (folio 302) is a map to illustrate the report.
- Extent and format
- 1 volume (301 folios)
There is a contents page (folio 5) and list of illustrations (folio 6) at the front of the volume and an index at the back (folios 270-300). All refer to the volume's original pagination. The index also includes map references of all places marked on the map.
- Physical characteristics
Foliation: the foliation sequence (used for referencing) commences at the front cover with 1, and terminates at the inside back cover with 303; these numbers are written in pencil, are circled, and are located in the top right corner of the recto The front of a sheet of paper or leaf, often abbreviated to 'r'. side of each folio.
Pagination: the file also contains an original printed pagination sequence.
- Written in
- English in Latin script View the complete information for this record
Use and share this item
- Share this item
'Military report on Tehran and adjacent Provinces of North-West Persia (including the Caspian Littoral)' [edge] (4/610), British Library: India Office Records and Private Papers, IOR/L/MIL/17/15/23, in Qatar Digital Library <https://www.qdl.qa/archive/81055/vdc_100059348670.0x000005> [accessed 11 December 2019]
Copy and paste the code below into your web page where you would like to embed the image.
<meta charset="utf-8"><a href="https://www.qdl.qa/en/archive/81055/vdc_100059348670.0x000005">'Military report on Tehran and adjacent Provinces of North-West Persia (including the Caspian Littoral)' [‎edge] (4/610)</a> <a href="https://www.qdl.qa/en/archive/81055/vdc_100059348670.0x000005"> <img src="https://images.qdl.qa/iiif/images/81055/vdc_100000000239.0x00013d/IOR_L_MIL_17_15_23_0004.jp2/full/!280,240/0/default.jpg" alt="" /> </a>
Copyright: How to use this content
- 'Military report on Tehran and adjacent Provinces of North-West Persia (including the Caspian Littoral)'
- front, back, spine, edge, head, tail, front-i, 2r:301v, back-i
- East India Company, the Board of Control, the India Office, or other British Government Department
- Usage terms
- Open Government Licence