File 200/1928 Pt 8 'Anglo-Persian Negotiations' [329r] (664/1096)
The record is made up of 1 volume (543 folios). It was created in 30 May 1932-23 Oct 1933. It was written in English and French. The original is part of the British Library: India Office The department of the British Government to which the Government of India reported between 1858 and 1947. The successor to the Court of Directors. Records and Private Papers.
This transcription is created automatically. It may contain errors.
is rather difficult to follow, hut the general
question of tactics in regard to the future of these
negotiations will have to he considered again in the
light o^ the Cabinet examination of the Foreign office
memorandum ana of the reply to it which we propose to
Any proposals provisionally agreed this
afternoon will, of course, he ad referendum and
subject to the oecretary of State's approval,
7J> X -?2
About this item
This volume contains correspondence regarding wide-ranging negotiations that took place between the Persian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the British Legation in Tehran, the aim of which was the agreement of a bilateral treaty between the British and Persian [Iranian] governments in order to resolve a number of outstanding issues including the status of Henjam [Hengam] Island and Bahrain.
The majority of the correspondence in the volume is internal correspondence between British officials, but it also contains a limited amount of correspondence in French that was exchanged between British and Persian Government officials.
In addition to this correspondence, the volume contains the following documents:
- 'Committee of Imperial Defence. Standing Committee for Questions Concerning the Middle East. Minutes of a Meeting held at No. 2, Whitehall Gardens, SW1, on Tuesday, August 1st, 1933, at 10.15am' (folios 27-38)
- Minutes of an informal meeting on Anglo-Persian relations held at the Foreign Office 26 June 1933 (folios 69-77)
- 'Record of a Meeting held at the Foreign Office on November 18th, 1932, to discuss the situation arising out of Tehran telegrams Nos. 181 and 182 regarding Henjam' (folios 212-231)
- Cabinet memorandum entitled 'Anglo-Persian Relations' 31 October 1924 (folios 289-292)
- Cabinet memorandum entitled 'Anglo-Persian Relations' 24 October 1924 (folios 329-330)
- 'Committee of Imperial Defence. Standing Committee for Questions Concerning the Middle East. Minutes of a meeting on the Sub-Committee held in Conference Room A, No. 2, Whitehall Gardens, SW1 on Friday, September 30th, 1932, at 4.0 pm' (folios 390-412)
- 'Committee of Imperial Defence. Persian Gulf Historically used by the British to refer to the sea area between the Arabian Peninsula and Iran. Often referred to as The Gulf or the Arabian Gulf. Sub-Committee. British Policy in the Persian Gulf Historically used by the British to refer to the sea area between the Arabian Peninsula and Iran. Often referred to as The Gulf or the Arabian Gulf. . Memorandum by the Secretary of State for India' 1928, (folios 491-493).
The volume includes a divider which gives the subject number, the year the subject file was opened, the subject heading, and a list of correspondence references by year. This is placed at the back of the correspondence.
- Extent and format
- 1 volume (543 folios)
The subject 200 (Anglo-Persian Treaty Negotiations) consists of eight volumes, IOR/L/PS/10/1250-1257. The volumes are divided into ten parts, with parts 1 and 2 comprising one volume, parts 3, 4 and 5 comprising one volume each, parts 6 and 7 comprising the fifth volume, and parts 8, 9 and 10 comprising one volume each.
The papers are arranged in approximate chronological order from the rear to the front of the volume.
- Physical characteristics
Foliation: the foliation sequence (used for referencing) commences at the inside front cover with 1, and terminates at the inside back cover with 545; these numbers are written in pencil, are circled, and are located in the top right corner of the recto The front of a sheet of paper or leaf, often abbreviated to 'r'. side of each folio.
- Written in
- English and French in Latin script View the complete information for this record
Use and share this item
- Share this item
File 200/1928 Pt 8 'Anglo-Persian Negotiations' [329r] (664/1096), British Library: India Office Records and Private Papers, IOR/L/PS/10/1255, in Qatar Digital Library <https://www.qdl.qa/archive/81055/vdc_100077104203.0x000041> [accessed 23 January 2020]
Copy and paste the code below into your web page where you would like to embed the image.
<meta charset="utf-8"><a href="https://www.qdl.qa/en/archive/81055/vdc_100077104203.0x000041">File 200/1928 Pt 8 'Anglo-Persian Negotiations' [‎329r] (664/1096)</a> <a href="https://www.qdl.qa/en/archive/81055/vdc_100077104203.0x000041"> <img src="https://images.qdl.qa/iiif/images/81055/vdc_100000000466.0x000271/IOR_L_PS_10_1255_0664.jp2/full/!280,240/0/default.jpg" alt="" /> </a>
Copyright: How to use this content
- File 200/1928 Pt 8 'Anglo-Persian Negotiations'
- front, back, spine, edge, head, tail, front-i, 2r:113v, 115r:159v, 160v:234v, 234ar:234av, 235r:360r, 363r:544v, back-i
- East India Company, the Board of Control, the India Office, or other British Government Department
- Usage terms
- Open Government Licence