'Extract of Bombay Political Consultations, 25 February to 15 March 1809, relative to Persia' [363r] (5/130)
The record is made up of 1 item (64 folios). It was created in 25 Feb 1809-15 Mar 1809. It was written in English. The original is part of the British Library: India Office The department of the British Government to which the Government of India reported between 1858 and 1947. The successor to the Court of Directors. Records and Private Papers Documents collected in a private capacity. .
About this item
The item consists of extracts of Political Consultations, Council Resolutions and Orders, minutes, and correspondence of the Government of Bombay From c. 1668-1858, the East India Company’s administration in the city of Bombay [Mumbai] and western India. From 1858-1947, a subdivision of the British Raj. It was responsible for British relations with the Gulf and Red Sea regions. . The papers relate to Persia [Iran], covering the following specific matters:
- The diplomatic mission of Sir Harford Jones to the Persian Court at Tehran, including discussion of his perceived misconduct, his progress at Sheerauz [Shiraz] and Ispahan [Isfahan], and the question of bills drawn by Jones at the expense of the Government of India
- Brigadier-General John Malcolm’s preparations for an expedition to the Island of Kharack [Kharg] in the Persian Gulf The historical term used to describe the body of water between the Arabian Peninsula and Iran.
- Intelligence regarding the French Embassy in Persia
- Communications between the Persian Ministry and the British.
The correspondence is principally between: the governments of Bengal, Bombay, and Madras; William Bruce, Acting Resident at Abusheher [Bushehr] (later Andrew Jukes, Surgeon and Assistant in Charge of the Residency An office of the East India Company and, later, of the British Raj, established in the provinces and regions considered part of, or under the influence of, British India. ); Sir Harford Jones, Envoy Extraordinary and Minister Plenipotentiary A diplomatic representative who ranks below an ambassador. The term can be shortened to 'envoy'. to the Court of Persia; and Brigadier-General John Malcolm.
- Extent and format
- 1 item (64 folios)
- Written in
- English in Latin script View the complete information for this record
Use and share this item
- Share this item
'Extract of Bombay Political Consultations, 25 February to 15 March 1809, relative to Persia' [363r] (5/130), British Library: India Office Records and Private Papers, IOR/G/29/38, ff 361-425, in Qatar Digital Library <https://www.qdl.qa/archive/81055/vdc_100135135015.0x000087> [accessed 10 December 2023]
Copy and paste the code below into your web page where you would like to embed the image.
<meta charset="utf-8"><a href="https://www.qdl.qa/en/archive/81055/vdc_100135135015.0x000087">'Extract of Bombay Political Consultations, 25 February to 15 March 1809, relative to Persia' [‎363r] (5/130)</a> <a href="https://www.qdl.qa/en/archive/81055/vdc_100135135015.0x000087"> <img src="https://iiif.qdl.qa/iiif/images/81055/vdc_100000001251.0x00039b/IOR_G_29_38_0734.jp2/full/!280,240/0/default.jpg" alt="" /> </a>
Copyright: How to use this content
- IOR/G/29/38, ff 361-425
- 'Extract of Bombay Political Consultations, 25 February to 15 March 1809, relative to Persia'
- 361r:378r, 379v:388v, 392r:393r, 396v:409v, 412r:425v
- East India Company, the Board of Control, the India Office, or other British Government Department
- Usage terms
- Open Government Licence