- your computer will be more secure and less likely to be attacked
- it will be faster to browse the internet
- you’ll see more features on many websites
How to upgrade
Choose a browser from the list below and follow the instructions for installing it.
For any computer (Windows, Mac)
You can use:
For Apple Macs
You can use Safari.
For Windows 7 and Windows 8
You can use Microsoft Internet Explorer 11.
You can’t get new versions of Internet Explorer for older versions of Windows, e.g. XP or Vista.
For mobile devices
- get help from Apple to update your iOS devices
- check your settings for system updates for Android devices
Get Safe Online offers help and advice about upgrading your browser.