'File 1/16 II Clerical Staff: Establishment, Proposals for Increase or Decrease; Rulings Regarding Pay and Allowances, and Promotion' [13r] (25/140)
The record is made up of 1 file (70 folios). It was created in 9 Jul 1945-10 Jul 1947. It was written in English. The original is part of the British Library: India Office The department of the British Government to which the Government of India reported between 1858 and 1947. The successor to the Court of Directors. Records and Private Papers.
This transcription is created automatically. It may contain errors.
The Secretary to the Hor^ble the Political
Resident in the Persian Gulf Historically used by the British to refer to the sea area between the Arabian Peninsula and Iran. Often referred to as The Gulf or the Arabian Gulf. , Bushire .
Reference your endorsement No«41C5-63/54, dated
the 15th October, 1945, forwarding sanction order No.134,
dated the 15th October, 1945 authorising 20^ of presumptive
pay and 20% of the Special Pay of the post of the 3rd
Clerk, Bahrain, to Mr.M.Y.Siddiqi.
2. Ur.Siddiqi has now claimed dearness allowance on
the presumptive pay. Under F.R. 49(c) a Government
servant may draw such compensatory allowance as the Local
Government may fix. No dearness allowance was fixed by
the Hon f ble the Political Resident A senior ranking political representative (equivalent to a Consul General) from the diplomatic corps of the Government of India or one of its subordinate provincial governments, in charge of a Political Residency. in the sanction order
referred to above. If dearness allowance is admissible to
Mr.Siddiqi the rate at which it should be allowed may
kindly be fixed. '
About this item
The file contains papers relating to the following subjects:
- proposals by the Government of India for reductions in the numbers of temporary staff as a consequence of the end of World War Two, June to September 1945;
- allowances for clerks making enforced halts at Karachi or Bombay when returning from leave, October to November 1945;
- pay and dearness allowance of Third Clerk, October to November 1945;
- monetary receipts of the Political Agency An office of the British Government and, earlier, of the East India Company. , Bahrain for the years 1937 to 1954, January 1946;
- continuation of special pay to Confidential Clerk, February to April 1946;
- summary of duties of members of temporary establishment at the Political Agency An office of the British Government and, earlier, of the East India Company. , Bahrain, with statistics of work, 1939 to 1946, covering letters, telegrams, export permits, and passport and consular work, January to December 1946;
- request for grant of shorthand allowance to Confidential Stenographer, February to March 1947;
- creation of post of Passport Clerk, February to March 1947;
- other papers relating to the clerical establishment, including pay, appointments, composition, and numbers.
- Extent and format
- 1 file (70 folios)
The papers are arranged in chronological order from the front to the rear of the file. Circled serial numbers (red for received correspondence; blue/black for issued correspondence) refer to entries in the notes at the rear of the file.
- Physical characteristics
Foliation: the foliation system in use commences at 1A on the front cover and continues through to 71 on the back cover. The sequence is written in pencil (except for ff.3-4, which are written in red crayon, and ff.21-23, which are written in blue crayon) and appears in the top right hand corner of the recto The front of a sheet of paper or leaf, often abbreviated to 'r'. page of each folio. ff.19 and 20 need to be folded out to be read. Foliation anomaly: ff.1A, 1B. Numbers forming part of the foliation sequence, but which are used as pagination numbers: 10, 54.
- Written in
- English in Latin script View the complete information for this record
Use and share this item
- Share this item
'File 1/16 II Clerical Staff: Establishment, Proposals for Increase or Decrease; Rulings Regarding Pay and Allowances, and Promotion' [13r] (25/140), British Library: India Office Records and Private Papers, IOR/R/15/2/1003, in Qatar Digital Library <https://www.qdl.qa/archive/81055/vdc_100023312099.0x00001a> [accessed 24 February 2020]
Copy and paste the code below into your web page where you would like to embed the image.
<meta charset="utf-8"><a href="https://www.qdl.qa/en/archive/81055/vdc_100023312099.0x00001a">'File 1/16 II Clerical Staff: Establishment, Proposals for Increase or Decrease; Rulings Regarding Pay and Allowances, and Promotion' [‎13r] (25/140)</a> <a href="https://www.qdl.qa/en/archive/81055/vdc_100023312099.0x00001a"> <img src="https://images.qdl.qa/iiif/images/81055/vdc_100000000241.0x000212/IOR_R_15_2_1003_0025.jp2/full/!280,240/0/default.jpg" alt="" /> </a>
Copyright: How to use this content
- 'File 1/16 II Clerical Staff: Establishment, Proposals for Increase or Decrease; Rulings Regarding Pay and Allowances, and Promotion'
- front, front-i, 1br:1bv, 2r:8v, 9:10, 11r:52v, 53:54, 55r:70v, back-i, back
- East India Company, the Board of Control, the India Office, or other British Government Department
- Usage terms
- Open Government Licence