‘Military report on Persia Volume I 1930’ [3r] (10/154)
The record is made up of 1 volume (73 folios). It was created in 1920-1931. It was written in English. The original is part of the British Library: India Office The department of the British Government to which the Government of India reported between 1858 and 1947. The successor to the Court of Directors. Records and Private Papers.
This transcription is created automatically. It may contain errors.
FQR OFFICIAL USE ONLY.
This book is the property of the Government of
India. The information given i n this book is not to
be communicated either directly or indirectly to the
Press, or to any person not holding an official posi
tion in His Majesty’s Service.
General Staff, India
30143/M. O. 3-Books
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA PRESS
About this item
Military report on the Khurasan [Khurāsān] and Seistan [Sīstān] regions of Persia [Iran], with maps and illustrations. Produced by the General Staff, India, and published in Calcutta [Kolkata] by the Government of India Press, 1931. Marked for official use only.
The report includes chapters on:
- a history of Khurasan and Seistan
- the geography of Khurasan and Seistan (mountains, rivers, deserts, an alphabetical listing of towns) and climate (including assessments of the health risks associated with both regions)
- population (religion, tribes)
- resources (including crops, grazing, fuel, transport, and a note on horses and mules in Khurasan)
- armed forces (including a description of the Eastern Division of the Persian military, an Order of Battle, organisation, armaments, equipment, clothing, rations, training)
- aviation (detailing the organisation, personnel, equipment, aerodromes, etc., of the Persian Air Force)
- administration (municipal, police, justice, department of public instruction, revenue, roads and communications, census, post and telegraphs, sanitation)
- communications (railways, roads, types of motor transport in use, principal routes used by travellers from Meshed [Mashad] to Russian territory, telegraphs, telephones, wireless)
An appendix includes a veterinary note on conditions in Khurasan and Seistan. The volume also includes four colour plates illustrating different badges associated with Persian army and police officers, and a number of maps and diagrammatic maps.
- Extent and format
- 1 volume (73 folios)
A contents page at the front of the volume (f 6) and index at the rear (ff 64-66) both reference the volume’s original printed pagination.
- Physical characteristics
Foliation: the foliation sequence (used for referencing) commences at the front cover with 1, and terminates at the inside back cover with 75; these numbers are written in pencil, are circled, and are located in the top right corner of the recto The front of a sheet of paper or leaf, often abbreviated to 'r'. side of each folio.
Pagination: the file also contains an original printed pagination sequence.
- Written in
- English in Latin script View the complete information for this record
Use and share this item
- Share this item
‘Military report on Persia Volume I 1930’ [3r] (10/154), British Library: India Office Records and Private Papers, IOR/L/MIL/17/15/7, in Qatar Digital Library <https://www.qdl.qa/archive/81055/vdc_100040937079.0x00000b> [accessed 15 November 2019]
Copy and paste the code below into your web page where you would like to embed the image.
<meta charset="utf-8"><a href="https://www.qdl.qa/en/archive/81055/vdc_100040937079.0x00000b">‘Military report on Persia Volume I 1930’ [‎3r] (10/154)</a> <a href="https://www.qdl.qa/en/archive/81055/vdc_100040937079.0x00000b"> <img src="https://images.qdl.qa/iiif/images/81055/vdc_100000000239.0x00012d/IOR_L_MIL_17_15_7_0010.jp2/full/!280,240/0/default.jpg" alt="" /> </a>
Copyright: How to use this content
- ‘Military report on Persia Volume I 1930’
- front, back, spine, edge, head, tail, front-i, 2r:3v, 5r:61v, 64r:67v, back-i
- East India Company, the Board of Control, the India Office, or other British Government Department
- Usage terms
- Open Government Licence