Coll 29/6 'Mohammerah and Khorramshahr: vice consulate and consulate appointments' [8r] (17/470)
The record is made up of 1 file (232 folios). It was created in 9 Apr 1931-4 Sep 1948. It was written in English. The original is part of the British Library: India Office The department of the British Government to which the Government of India reported between 1858 and 1947. The successor to the Court of Directors. Records and Private Papers.
This transcription is created automatically. It may contain errors.
# In any further communication
^°n this subject, please quote
not to any person by name
" The Under-Secretary of State
13th April, 1948.
I am directed by Mr.Secretary Bevin to inform
you that Lieutenant-Colonel V. V/. D.V/illoughby who
is in charge of the British Consulate at
Khorramshahr, Iran, has included in his Account
for September quarter 1947 the sum of £75 in
respect of Consuls allowance for the quarters
December 1946, March 1947 and June 1947,
2 # Throughout this period the salary of Lieutenant-
Colonel Willoughby was the liability of the Indian
Government, and the above amount will be included
in the current quarterly claim of tne Foreign
Office on your Department, I
The Accountant General,
28 King’s Road,
About this item
The file concerns appointments at the Vice-Consulate (later Consulate) at Mohammerah [Khorramshahr, Iran].
The file covers:
- emoluments of H G Jakins as Vice Consul of Mohammerah in 1932
- appointment of F C L Chauncy as Vice Consul of Mohammerah in 1932
- clerical posts at the Kuwait Political Agency An office of the British Government and, earlier, of the East India Company. and at the Vice-Consulate in Mohammerah
- Norwegian consular representation at Abadan
- appointment of Allen Lancelot Austin Dredge as Vice-Consul of Mohammerah in 1941
- proposed opening of a Consulate at Mohammerah and reducing of Ahwaz to a Vice-Consulate
- appointment of F C L Chauncy as Consul of Mohammerah in 1942
- appointment of R A McConaghey as Acting Consul of Mohammerah in 1943
- appointment of R H Cook as Acting Consul of Mohammerah in 1944
- relations between Political Residency A diplomatic office of the British Government established in the provinces and regions considered part of, or under the influence of, British India. in the Persian Gulf Historically used by the British to refer to the sea area between the Arabian Peninsula and Iran. Often referred to as The Gulf or the Arabian Gulf. , at Bushire, and Consulate at Khorramshahr
- appointment of V W D Willoughby as Consul of Mohammerah in 1948.
The file is composed of correspondence between the Foreign Office; the India Office The department of the British Government to which the Government of India reported between 1858 and 1947. The successor to the Court of Directors. ; the Government of India; the Political Resident A senior ranking political representative (equivalent to a Consul General) from the diplomatic corps of the Government of India or one of its subordinate provincial governments, in charge of a Political Residency. in the Persian Gulf Historically used by the British to refer to the sea area between the Arabian Peninsula and Iran. Often referred to as The Gulf or the Arabian Gulf. ; the Viceroy; the Secretary of State for India; the British Consulates at Ahwaz, and Mohammerah; British Petroleum; the Royal Norwegian Legation to London; the British Minister at Tehran.
- Extent and format
- 1 file (232 folios)
The papers are arranged in approximate chronological order from the rear to the front of the file.
- Physical characteristics
Foliation: the foliation sequence (used for referencing) commences at the front cover with 1, and terminates at the last folio with 233; these numbers are written in pencil, are circled, and are located in the top right corner of the recto The front of a sheet of paper or leaf, often abbreviated to 'r'. side of each folio.
- Written in
- English in Latin script View the complete information for this record
Use and share this item
- Share this item
Coll 29/6 'Mohammerah and Khorramshahr: vice consulate and consulate appointments' [8r] (17/470), British Library: India Office Records and Private Papers, IOR/L/PS/12/3562, in Qatar Digital Library <https://www.qdl.qa/archive/81055/vdc_100044389805.0x000012> [accessed 22 November 2019]
Copy and paste the code below into your web page where you would like to embed the image.
<meta charset="utf-8"><a href="https://www.qdl.qa/en/archive/81055/vdc_100044389805.0x000012">Coll 29/6 'Mohammerah and Khorramshahr: vice consulate and consulate appointments' [‎8r] (17/470)</a> <a href="https://www.qdl.qa/en/archive/81055/vdc_100044389805.0x000012"> <img src="https://images.qdl.qa/iiif/images/81055/vdc_100000000648.0x00007c/IOR_L_PS_12_3562_0018.jp2/full/!280,240/0/default.jpg" alt="" /> </a>
Copyright: How to use this content
- Coll 29/6 'Mohammerah and Khorramshahr: vice consulate and consulate appointments'
- front, front-i, 2r, back-i, back, 2v:39v, 40ar, 40r:166v, 168r:185v, 185r:189v, 191r:232v, back-i
- East India Company, the Board of Control, the India Office, or other British Government Department
- Usage terms
- Open Government Licence