File 756/1917 Pt 2-3 ‘ARAB BULLETIN Nos 66-114’ [103r] (214/834)
The record is made up of 1 volume (411 folios). It was created in 1917-1920. It was written in English. The original is part of the British Library: India Office The department of the British Government to which the Government of India reported between 1858 and 1947. The successor to the Court of Directors. Records and Private Papers Documents collected in a private capacity. .
About this item
The volume consists of individual copies of the Arab Bulletin produced by the Arab Bureau at the Savoy Hotel, Cairo numbers 66-114. These publications contain wartime, and post-war intelligence obtained by British sources. They deal with economic, military, and political matters in Turkey, the Middle East, Arabia, and elsewhere, which – in the opinion of British officials – affect the ‘Arab movement’; the bulletins cover a wide range of topics and key personalities.
The volume contains the following maps:
- A map of Central Arabia showing St John Philby's route from Uqair to Jidda 17 November to 31 December 1917: folio 103.
- Sketch map prepared from RNAS photographs and reconnaissance by HMS City of Oxford of Wadi A seasonal or intermittent watercourse, or the valley in which it flows. Mur February to March 1918 : folio 170.
- Sketch map of Hejaz (1919): folio 317.
- Tribal sketch map of the Hadhramaut ‘showing only tribes of fighting value’: folios 333v.
Towards the back of the volume is a small amount of correspondence respecting the distribution of Notes on the Middle East ; the Arab Bulletin was superseded by this publication. Copies of numbers 3-4 of this publication can also be found at the back of the volume.
Tables of content can be found at the front of each issue. A small amount of content is in French.
- Extent and format
- 1 volume (411 folios)
The Arab Bulletins are arranged in numerical order from the front to the back of the file. The Notes on the Middle East follow on from the bulletins at the back of the file in reverse numerical order.
The subject 759 (Arab Bulletins) consists of two volumes. IOR/L/PS/10/657-658.
- Physical characteristics
Condition: the edges of some of the folios towards the back of the volume have suffered damage to their edges due to general wear and tear. The affected folios are 389-390, 407-409, and 412.
Foliation: the foliation sequence for this description commences at the first folio with 1, and terminates at the inside back cover with 413; these numbers are written in pencil, are circled, and are located in the top right corner of the recto The front of a sheet of paper or leaf, often abbreviated to 'r'. side of each folio. The front cover and the leading flyleaf have not been foliated. A previous foliation sequence, which is present between ff 357-363 and ff 374-412 and is also circled, has been superseded and therefore crossed out.
- Written in
- English in Latin script View the complete information for this record
Use and share this item
- Share this item
File 756/1917 Pt 2-3 ‘ARAB BULLETIN Nos 66-114’ [103r] (214/834), British Library: India Office Records and Private Papers, IOR/L/PS/10/658, in Qatar Digital Library <https://www.qdl.qa/archive/81055/vdc_100048056855.0x00000f> [accessed 4 October 2023]
Copy and paste the code below into your web page where you would like to embed the image.
<meta charset="utf-8"><a href="https://www.qdl.qa/en/archive/81055/vdc_100048056855.0x00000f">File 756/1917 Pt 2-3 ‘ARAB BULLETIN Nos 66-114’ [‎103r] (214/834)</a> <a href="https://www.qdl.qa/en/archive/81055/vdc_100048056855.0x00000f"> <img src="https://iiif.qdl.qa/iiif/images/81055/vdc_100000000419.0x000229/IOR_L_PS_10_658_0214.jp2/full/!280,240/0/default.jpg" alt="" /> </a>
Copyright: How to use this content
- File 756/1917 Pt 2-3 ‘ARAB BULLETIN Nos 66-114’
- front, back, spine, edge, head, tail, front-i, i-r:i-v, 1r:34v, 36v:47v, 49v:53v, 56r:95v, 98r:132r, 133v:139v, 141r:149r, 150v:174v, 175v:184v, 186r:194v, 195v:196r, 197v, 199v:216v, 219r:233v, 234v:237v, 241r:245v, 248v:252v, 255v:258v, 260r:264v, 266r:275v, 279r:286v, 287v:313r, 316r:349v, 351r:352r, 354r, 355r:358r, 361r, 363r:365r, 366v:367v, 368v:369v, 370v:397v, 400r:412v, back-i
- East India Company, the Board of Control, the India Office, or other British Government Department
- Usage terms
- Open Government Licence