Abstracts of French papers relating to Persia [235r] (3/8)
The record is made up of 1 item (4 folios). It was created in c 1807. It was written in English. The original is part of the British Library: India Office The department of the British Government to which the Government of India reported between 1858 and 1947. The successor to the Court of Directors. Records and Private Papers Documents collected in a private capacity. .
About this item
The item consists of abstracts, in English, of French papers, probably intercepted, relating to relations between France and Persia [Iran]. The papers are as follows:
- Abstract of a letter from General Gardanne [Claude Mathieu de Gardane], Envoy to Persia, to DeCaen [Charles Mathieu Isidore Decaen], Governor-General of Isle de France [Mauritius]
- Abstract of a Treaty of Commerce between France and Persia, negotiated in 1807 but never ratified
- Abstract of a letter from Monsieur Conte (?), Consul at Bagdat [Baghdad], to DeCaen.
Matters covered include Gardanne’s mission to the Persian Court in Tehran, the influence and activities of the English, and commercial affairs.
- Extent and format
- 1 item (4 folios)
- Written in
- English in Latin script View the complete information for this record
Use and share this item
- Share this item
Abstracts of French papers relating to Persia [235r] (3/8), British Library: India Office Records and Private Papers, IOR/G/29/38, ff 234-237, in Qatar Digital Library <https://www.qdl.qa/archive/81055/vdc_100135135014.0x00004f> [accessed 22 September 2023]
Copy and paste the code below into your web page where you would like to embed the image.
<meta charset="utf-8"><a href="https://www.qdl.qa/en/archive/81055/vdc_100135135014.0x00004f">Abstracts of French papers relating to Persia [‎235r] (3/8)</a> <a href="https://www.qdl.qa/en/archive/81055/vdc_100135135014.0x00004f"> <img src="https://iiif.qdl.qa/iiif/images/81055/vdc_100000001251.0x00039b/IOR_G_29_38_0478.jp2/full/!280,240/0/default.jpg" alt="" /> </a>
Copyright: How to use this content
- IOR/G/29/38, ff 234-237
- Abstracts of French papers relating to Persia
- East India Company, the Board of Control, the India Office, or other British Government Department
- Usage terms
- Open Government Licence