'Notes relative to Persia 1807/08, intended for the Annual Report subsequent to 1807/08' [244v] (2/30)
The record is made up of 1 item (15 folios). It was created in c 1808. It was written in English. The original is part of the British Library: India Office The department of the British Government to which the Government of India reported between 1858 and 1947. The successor to the Court of Directors. Records and Private Papers Documents collected in a private capacity. .
About this item
The item consists of notes relating to Persia [Iran] and taken from letters from the Bombay, Bengal, and Madras governments sent between 27 December 1805 and 20 February 1808. The relevant letters are noted in the margins. The notes were made in preparation for an annual report.
Matters covered by the notes include:
- Letters from the King [Shāh] and Prince of Persia to be delivered to the King of the United Kingdom and Prince of Wales
- Financial claims made by Mehedi Ali Khan [ Mīrzā A title of honour originally applied to princes, later to military leaders, and later still to secretaries, chieftains, and other ‘gentlemen’. Mahdī ‘Alī Khān], the late Resident at Bushire [Bushehr]
- Financial claims made by Aka Mahomed Nubbee Khan [Muḥammad Nabī Khān Shirāzī, Persian Ambassador to the British in India]
- Relations between Russia and Persia, including the presence of a Russian Envoy at the Persian Court
- French efforts to form an alliance with Persia and their plans to invade India.
- Extent and format
- 1 item (15 folios)
- Written in
- English in Latin script View the complete information for this record
Use and share this item
- Share this item
'Notes relative to Persia 1807/08, intended for the Annual Report subsequent to 1807/08' [244v] (2/30), British Library: India Office Records and Private Papers, IOR/G/29/38, ff 244-258, in Qatar Digital Library <https://www.qdl.qa/archive/81055/vdc_100135135014.0x000062> [accessed 10 December 2023]
Copy and paste the code below into your web page where you would like to embed the image.
<meta charset="utf-8"><a href="https://www.qdl.qa/en/archive/81055/vdc_100135135014.0x000062">'Notes relative to Persia 1807/08, intended for the Annual Report subsequent to 1807/08' [‎244v] (2/30)</a> <a href="https://www.qdl.qa/en/archive/81055/vdc_100135135014.0x000062"> <img src="https://iiif.qdl.qa/iiif/images/81055/vdc_100000001251.0x00039b/IOR_G_29_38_0497.jp2/full/!280,240/0/default.jpg" alt="" /> </a>
Copyright: How to use this content
- IOR/G/29/38, ff 244-258
- 'Notes relative to Persia 1807/08, intended for the Annual Report subsequent to 1807/08'
- East India Company, the Board of Control, the India Office, or other British Government Department
- Usage terms
- Open Government Licence