File 4327/1911 Pt 2 'Turco-Italian War: Turkish propaganda'
32 items in this record
Search within this record
The record is made up of 1 item (15 folios). It was created in Oct 1911-Jan 1912. It was written in English. The original is part of the British Library: India Office The department of the British Government to which the Government of India reported between 1858 and 1947. The successor to the Court of Directors. Records and Private Papers.
About this record
Part 2 consists of correspondence relating to alleged Turkish activities in Afghanistan and the wider Central Asia region. The discussion is centred around reports, conveyed to them by the Russian Ambassador in London, of the following:
- Turkish officers training Afghan troops;
- the Turks seeking a treaty of alliance with the Amir of Afghanistan;
- Turkish propaganda in Central Asia on behalf of the Pan-Islamic (or Neo-Islamic) League.
The papers also contain reports of negative public opinion of the British due to the refusal to allow Turkish troops to pass through Egypt.
The correspondence is between the India Office The department of the British Government to which the Government of India reported between 1858 and 1947. The successor to the Court of Directors. , Foreign Office, Government of India (Foreign Department), British Agent at Kabul (Malik Talib Mehdi Khan), and the British Ambassador at Constantinople (Gerard Augustus Lowther).
- Extent and format
- 1 item (15 folios)
- It is part of
The papers are arranged in approximate chronological order from the front to the rear of the file.
The subject 4327 (Turco-Italian War) consists of one volume divided into four parts.
- Written in
- English in Latin script
- Archival item
Archive information for this record
- Original held at
- British Library: India Office The department of the British Government to which the Government of India reported between 1858 and 1947. The successor to the Court of Directors. Records and Private Papers
- Access conditions
- Archive reference
- Former external reference(s)
- P 4327/1911 Pt 2
- Oct 1911-Jan 1912 (CE, Gregorian)
Access & Reference
History of this record
Related search terms
- People & organisations
Use and share this record
- Share this record
File 4327/1911 Pt 2 'Turco-Italian War: Turkish propaganda', British Library: India Office Records and Private Papers, IOR/L/PS/10/196/2, in Qatar Digital Library <https://www.qdl.qa/archive/81055/vdc_100029984359.0x000003> [accessed 5 April 2020]
Copyright: How to use this content
- File 4327/1911 Pt 2 'Turco-Italian War: Turkish propaganda'
- East India Company, the Board of Control, the India Office, or other British Government Department
- Usage terms
- Open Government Licence