File 1377/1905 Pt 1 'Perso-Baluch Frontier: Frontier Demarcation'
188 items in this record
Search within this record
The record is made up of 1 item (93 folios). It was created in Nov 1904-Oct 1921. It was written in English. The original is part of the British Library: India Office The department of the British Government to which the Government of India reported between 1858 and 1947. The successor to the Court of Directors. Records and Private Papers.
About this record
Part 1 contains correspondence relating to the demarcation of the boundary in Baluchistan, between Persia, British India, and Afghanistan. The correspondence is between the Foreign Department of the Government of India, the Viceroy of India, the Foreign Office, and the India Office The department of the British Government to which the Government of India reported between 1858 and 1947. The successor to the Court of Directors. . Included as enclosures are letters, telegrams, and memoranda from the following:
- Colonel Arthur Henry McMahon, British Commissioner, Seistan [Sīstān] Arbitration Commission;
- Evelyn Grant Duff, British Chargé d'Affaires, Tehran;
- Arthur Henry Hardinge, British Minister, Tehran;
- Agent to the Governor-General and Chief Commissioner in Baluchistan.
Several matters are covered by the papers, including:
- the definition of the border in the Seistan region and around Mirjawar [Mīrjāveh];
- the allocation of water resources;
- the export of grain from Persia to British frontier posts;
- customs duties on exports into British territory.
Folio 133 is a copy of the agreement concerning the border at Mirjawar and the export of grain, signed by Arthur Hardinge and the Persian Prime Minister (Mushir-ed-Dowleh) on 13 May 1905.
Several maps are included, as follows:
- map of Mirjawa and neighbourhood (folio 121);
- sketch map of Mirjawar (folio 122);
- three maps of the North-Western Trans-Frontier (including Seistan province) in various scales (folios 202, 203, and 204).
- Extent and format
- 1 item (93 folios)
- It is part of
- Written in
- English in Latin script
- Archival item
Archive information for this record
- Original held at
- British Library: India Office The department of the British Government to which the Government of India reported between 1858 and 1947. The successor to the Court of Directors. Records and Private Papers
- Access conditions
- Archive reference
- Former external reference(s)
- P 1377/1905 Pt 1
- Nov 1904-Oct 1921 (CE, Gregorian)
Access & Reference
History of this record
Related search terms
- People & organisations
Use and share this record
- Share this record
File 1377/1905 Pt 1 'Perso-Baluch Frontier: Frontier Demarcation', British Library: India Office Records and Private Papers, IOR/L/PS/10/79/1, in Qatar Digital Library <https://www.qdl.qa/archive/81055/vdc_100027191684.0x000002> [accessed 15 December 2019]
Copyright: How to use this content
- File 1377/1905 Pt 1 'Perso-Baluch Frontier: Frontier Demarcation'
- East India Company, the Board of Control, the India Office, or other British Government Department
- Usage terms
- Open Government Licence